Yahoo! News Is Giving the Antis Constant Play

This is a discussion on Yahoo! News Is Giving the Antis Constant Play within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Seems like there is another plug for "common sense" gun abolition from another "gun owner" just about every day. This one is now cycling. Bloomberg ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Yahoo! News Is Giving the Antis Constant Play

VIP Member

Seems like there is another plug for "common sense" gun abolition from another "gun owner" just about every day. This one is now cycling. Bloomberg and Feinstein should be envious:
    A Gun Owner?s Case for Gun Control
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Another wolf in sheep's clothes.

He claims to be a firearms expert/instructor, yet doesn't even know that background-checks are already required.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Another wolf in sheep's clothes.

He claims to be a firearms expert/instructor, yet doesn't even know that background-checks are already required.
    Or he does know it, but is deliberately incorporating misinformation into his argument.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Or he does know it, but is deliberately incorporating misinformation into his argument.
    I vote for the latter. Bloomberg knows it and so do most of the Anti screechers at the top levels. They know all of this. The also know that people are sitting at home ,not really involved, watching Honey Boo boo , don't know . So, a nice ,touchy feely lie works for them .
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Why isn't he on the Feds for not chasing down and prosecuting those who lie on form 4473?

Shotgun Joe told us the Feds don't have the time to do it.

Why enact new laws if the old ones aren't being enforced?

Isn't that reasonable?
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (1920–2006)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    I vote for the latter. Bloomberg knows it and so do most of the Anti screechers at the top levels. They know all of this. The also know that people are sitting at home ,not really involved, watching Honey Boo boo , don't know . So, a nice ,touchy feely lie works for them .
    Yup, factual discourse doesn't serve their purposes very well. Dumb down the herd some more, and keep feeding it sail boat fuel.
    Ayn Rand

There are some valid points made in that argument. I happen to have personal knowledge of people who should not own guns getting their hands on them. Two cases in particular, one gun in the hand of a convicted felon (through diversion), and another in the hand of a mentally unstable heroin junkie (legally able to purchase a gun under current laws).

Personally, and I know everyone won't agree with this, I think drug tests and background checks on psychological history should be mandantory. If that was required, I know of two people who shouldn't have guns that wouldn't have them right now, and the world would be a safer place.

I would gladly submit to a drug test, and would gladly allow my medical history, in terms of mental illness, to be reviewed.

What I love about such pieces is the comments sections. 100% "this argument is stupid."
    gatorbait51, Cnon, OD* and 2 others like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by herpjunkie View Post
    There are some valid points made in that argument. I happen to have personal knowledge of people who should not own guns getting their hands on them. Two cases in particular, one gun in the hand of a convicted felon (through diversion), and another in the hand of a mentally unstable heroin junkie (legally able to purchase a gun under current laws).

Personally, and I know everyone won't agree with this, I think drug tests and background checks on psychological history should be mandantory. If that was required, I know of two people who shouldn't have guns that wouldn't have them right now, and the world would be a safer place.

I would gladly submit to a drug test, and would gladly allow my medical history, in terms of mental illness, to be reviewed.
    Congratulations. I disagree with every point you made in this post. That doesn't happen very often.
    vice87, gatorbait51, OD* and 13 others like this.
    Ayn Rand

gatorbait51, Yetiman and Aceoky like this.
    It's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?

How can we impose drug tests on would be gun buyers when the idea of testing welfare recipients is largely viewed as an invasion of privacy?

Isn't it about time we get back to the notion of "innocent until proven guilty?"

And expanded background checks? Psychological tests? Does a battery of tests exist that provides an accurate, objective predictor of human behavior? (I see much room for abuse.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/he...ate.html?_r=1&
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (1920–2006)

OD*
    I have no intention of giving up my rights and privacy because you gladly will.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

I was on board for BG checks (I also am 100% on board for BG checks for ANYONE seeking governmental aid) but when I saw that this guy is in favor of gun registration, mental health evaluations for gun owners every 5 years, mandatory insurance, etc he totally lost credibility.

This guy is an anti in pro clothing.

Yahoo is the propaganda mill for the left.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

What torques me is that Average Gun Totin' Joe is blamed for what occurs largely in a tiny percentage of the US population. 80% of those who commit murder and 50% of those who are murder victims have prior criminal records.

The folks most likely to commit murder and mayhem are the least likely to comply with these new laws.

It's beyond inane.
    357and40, OD*, Mike1956 and 5 others like this.

gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links