Accomplishing several things with one shot

This is a discussion on Accomplishing several things with one shot within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My daughter bought some Ritz crackers that were bacon flavored and she did not like them. She brought them here (two boxes of them). We ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Accomplishing several things with one shot

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar

My daughter bought some Ritz crackers that were bacon flavored and she did not like them. She brought them here (two boxes of them). We did not like them either.

Rather than toss them in the trash, I figured they would make good targets. Taking a board with a groove in it, I assembled a frame. Placing a dozen of them in a line using the groove as a holder, it looked really nice at 30 feet. Admittedly, 30 feet was the maximum distance I could see those little crackers and 21 feet was much better. They made really good targets.

1. I saved them from going to a landfill.
    2. I saved money on buying targets.
    3. I made use of stuff nobody wanted.
    4. The birds ate the crumbs beneath the stand.
    5. I got plenty of range time getting rid of the crackers.

Now if the daughter would just bring a few boxes of Winchester 230 gr FMJ that she did not like.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Distinguished Member
    Nicely done.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

But, you didnt help the children. You could have brought them to the food bank....
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    But, you didnt help the children. You could have brought them to the food bank....
    I would have spent more money driving to the food bank than the cost of the crackers and they want either money or cases of food, not two boxes.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I just found a fat bird in my back yard that died of a heart attack from high cholesterol. It was filled with bacon cracker crumbs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

So, she brought them to you thinking her "Old Man" (pun intended) would like them. Are you like Mikey, you will eat anything?

Good use for a useless product, though. Kudos on that. Now, tell your daughter to stop unloading her junk on you.
    mkh, gatorbait51 and deaconswife like this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Am I the only one disappointed that something bacon flavored is apparently not that tasty?

Ritz crackers are great targets though. My target of choice when my dad was teaching me to shoot this old Ruger Single Six .22LR/.22WMR convertible.
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm
    Springfield XD40
    Ruger GP100

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    So, she brought them to you thinking her "Old Man" (pun intended) would like them. Are you like Mikey, you will eat anything?

Good use for a useless product, though. Kudos on that. Now, tell your daughter to stop unloading her junk on you.
    She loves Dollar Stores and loads up on junk foods. Then she finds that she does not like the stuff she buys so she drops it off here. Much of what she brings ends up being tossed out. I am happy she brings food here instead of kids. She moved out many years ago but has recently designed and had built a new home in a gated community down the road. We see her more now than we did when she was living here.
    manolito likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    I hope she likes ice cream.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ďA nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.Ē
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isnít an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    I hope she likes ice cream.
    If she brings ice cream here, it will be eaten. Her mother and I are already so fat, a family portrait has to be made by satellite. I made a photo of her mother recently and the photo weighed 20 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    If she brings ice cream here, it will be eaten. Her mother and I are already so fat, a family portrait has to be made by satellite. I made a photo of her mother recently and the photo weighed 20 pounds.
    OH BOY - you are in big trouble now!!!!

It's perhaps safer to insult Sixto than your wife..............just sayin'
    deaconswife likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I think it is great that you were able to use seemingly awful tasting crackers for targets and fee the birds at the same time.

Too bad I can't eat bacon anymore, or I'd be upset that bacon flavored crackers didn't taste good either BobcatSig.

I think Oldman45 is in BIG trouble.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    Deaconswife

Distinguished Member
    Yeah it's really a shame the crackers didn't taste good. Man I love bacon. But it was a very good idea you had to use them as targets. You should ask your daughter to bring a couple more boxes and just stop by the LGS on the way and get some ammo. And you shouldn't tell your wife about the photo remark. She may force you to eat all those crackers.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

We all brag that our guns'll eat anything..... So why not Ritz crackers! Cool idea by the way.

Great idea, I like it!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links