cz p09 .40

This is a discussion on cz p09 .40 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just got my fnx9, and now I want a 40. I was thinking fnx40 two tone, but my lgs just got a new cz p09 ...

Thread: cz p09 .40

cz p09 .40

Just got my fnx9, and now I want a 40. I was thinking fnx40 two tone, but my lgs just got a new cz p09 in. Anyone have any input?? The gun feels good in my hands, and I like the longer barrel length. I'll probably put it on layaway, because the fnx pistols are more common

2. Remove Ads

I've handled a P09 before. Really nice gun. REALLY low bore axis with the slide riding in the frame. Love the ability to run it with either a decocker or a manual safety. CZ's are notorious for quality pistols and their plastic guns are on par. There's also a sight that sells parts and upgrades for CZ's models. I think it's Cajun Gun Works. Lots of different hammer options, and a myriad of other stuff. If they ever put one out in .45 I'll be all over it.

Haven't handled an FNX.. or an FNH pistol at all. But the FNX 45 is on my want list. I don't think you can go wrong with either pistol. If I had to decide between the two in 40cal, I'd probably go with the CZ just because of the availability of parts/upgrades out there currently.
    I suffer from CDO

It's exactly like OCD but in Alphabetical order

The way it should be!

I have this urge for an FNX40, though the CZ P07 looks like a decent firearm (.40S&W 12 rounds) but they seem to be hard to come by. I don't know much about their poly P series firearms, but I always read great things about their 75 series.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Thanks for the input, I've owned a cz 75 and 97(.45). I guess I'm on a polymer phase in my life. Too bad my job cut my overtime. Lgs has the p09-.40 for 559$ new

I have never owned a CZ, I have done some research on them because I have considered ordering one myself. Most of the folks that own CZ's really seem to like them. If you buy one, I don't think you would regret it.

VIP Member
    No experience with the P-09, but I own and carry it's older brother the P-07 on a daily basis. Great gun. I'm not ashamed to admit, I'm a CZ junkie!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Took the fnx to the range today, ran through 250 rounds without issues. I was shooting magtech, n Winchester white box. Very nice shooter, almost no recoil , and accurate. SA trigger was very nice! At least 75% of my shots were in the ten ring or touching at ten yards. Too bad I can't upload pics from my phone

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    CZs rock,the PO9 is a new model that has been getting fantastic reviews
    id jump on it

My name is Jimmy and I'm a CZ-holic. I've had 4, am down to 2. Hands down, the PCR D and the alloy Rami 9 are the best pistols I have had in the past 5 yrs.....28 of 'em, S'field, Glock, Kimber, Beretta, Walther, Ruger, Para, Kahr.....you name 'em. One of these days when I have some money I'll send them off to Cajun Gun Works for the trigger jobs. My constant pistol selling/trading ceased when I settled on those two CZ's. That made the wife happy.

Got to agree, I am retired so I still buy the newest best weapon that comes out but push comes to shove I would grab one of my CZs my fave is the Compact D love the decocker an its easier to take down than my P 01

Distinguished Member
    I have been looking for a CZ 75 D PCR. The reviews on it are fantastic and it would fill an open niche for me. Personally, I would jump on the P 09 if it fills a need for you.

Thanks guys between the m&p 22 n the p09 I better start penny pinching lol

Links