M&P 9mm Price/Trade Value?

This is a discussion on M&P 9mm Price/Trade Value? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have an M&P 9mm (full size) that I have been thinking about trading or selling for a while now. I bought it (new) about ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom

Thread: M&P 9mm Price/Trade Value?

RT [OP]

M&P 9mm Price/Trade Value?

I have an M&P 9mm (full size) that I have been thinking about trading or selling for a while now. I bought it (new) about 2 years ago, and while it is a great shooter, I find it sits in the safe more often than not. The problem is, I'm not really sure what a realistic price/trade value would be. I bought the range/carry kit that includes the gun, 3 magazines, Blade-Tech holster, and mag carrier, so all of that would be included (not that the holster and mag carrier are really worth all that much). The pistol has no signs of wear, and is overall in excellent (like new) condition. Also, I had Trijicon HDs installed when I bought it. Any ideas as to what I should be asking for it?

2. Remove Ads

Take a look on GunBroker to get a feel.
    Christopher67 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I'm an avid M&P purchaser.

Your LGS would give you less than $375 value in a trade.

A private sale would net you at least $440 because of the night sights but doubt doubt you'd get beyond $510.

With the carry kit and night sights...around here, it'd go for around $500.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Gunbroker

VIP Member
    Like new, trijicons installed, and three mags, I would go for no less than $550 for it.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

GunBroker completed sales show BNIB M&P9s with range kits going for $500. Those don't include the upgraded sites, plus you have to factor in the shipping and transfer fees. But used is used. Many/most buyers expect a discount for assuming some risk the pistol isn't problematic. Personally, rather than buy a used gun, I'd pay the $500 + shipping/transfer for a BNIB and avoid the risk of buying a pistol that was possibly being sold because it had problems the seller was trying to unload on someone else. If it belonged to someone I knew well, I'd still expect at least a 10-20% discount off what the total costs of a new pistol would be. But that's just me.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I mean I sold one for like 600 or so but that was a pro model

Most people dont want to pay more for holster etc I have found .. I echo the rest here 450 ish or so to 500 max ...
    oneshot likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I mean I sold one for like 600 or so but that was a pro model

Most people dont want to pay more for holster etc I have found .. I echo the rest here 450 ish or so to 500 max ...
    ^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

In around 2012 I sold my 9c to a daughters BF for $425.No holster, but had a extended mag w/ sleeve for a total of 3 mags ,case and everything that came with it new..
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links