Who does good 1911 work?

This is a discussion on Who does good 1911 work? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I picked up 91 compact ( cheep series 80) and find that it hammers me pretty good .. So thinking about having someone put a ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By deadguy
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Who does good 1911 work?

Who does good 1911 work?

I picked up 91 compact ( cheep series 80) and find that it hammers me pretty good .. So thinking about having someone put a wilson combat memory grip on it ... But I was wonder is there any good people I could see the gun too for a complety overhaul to me it grand ? Hopefully that would not cost in the 10 of thousand of dollares or take years to do ?

If not other then a new bevertail anything else I should add to make this a great carry gun?

thanks
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

I'm not understanding what you are asking.
    You want someone to change the grip safety to reduce recoil? Or are you getting hammer bite? What do you mean by hammering you?

Gunsmith Mesa, AZ - Gunsmithing heard good things about these guys on another forum

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Whatever it is you said up there, Lou with Business End Customs is a member here, and he can do it.

You won't be disappointed.
    PAcanis, Mike1956 and zonker1986 like this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Whatever it is you said up there, Lou with Business End Customs is a member here, and he can do it.

You won't be disappointed.
    I second the Lou nomination. Great work, fast turnaround and reasonable prices.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

My bad on lack o reading it ... Was a bit hot from shooting in the 90s sun

TLDR version is I am toying on rather to just replace the grip saftey or to send in the gun for a full overhaule ... The gun is hitting me hard in the palm of my hand when I fire
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Springfield Armory Custom Shop. Round trip shipping to them is less than $40. Much cheaper than other options. Their prices are competitive and work is great. They stand by their work and you will be happy. Google Springfield Armory Custom Shop price list and you will get a PDF of there work/price list. I'm planing to send them my EMP and CBob.

You could give Eric Zinn a call - he's over in Mesa. He's done a couple of jobs for me and his work is first-rate. FWIW, he shares shop space with Angus Hobdell of CZ Custom... which wouldn't happen if he was just a run-of-the-mill hack.

E.Z. Performance Firearms
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Great guy in Flagstaff Az. and his work is outstanding but you have to talk to him about cost on what you want.

Links