Feeling naked

This is a discussion on Feeling naked within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am in Chicago And about to leave. I am without a fireArm for the first time in over 6 months. I feel naked without ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Feeling naked

Distinguished Member

Feeling naked

I am in Chicago And about to leave. I am without a fireArm for the first time in over 6 months. I feel naked without my EDC. Terrible feeling. Can't wait to be back home in GA where my 2A rights are protected!
    Aceoky, SteelerFan, tdave and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

RUN!!!!!!
    Sooner you get outta there, the better.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    RUN!!!!!!
    Sooner you get outta there, the better.
    Amen brother!
    Aceoky likes this.

I know what you mean!

Every now and then I have to disarm for a while, for one reason or another. I don't like that either.
    Shucks, I don't even like being unarmed while in the shower!

If it weren't such a outlandish idea, I'd be thinking of how to have a firearm hidden in the shower stall somewhere.

When I owned my own place in the country, in Oklahoma in the early 90's, my dream was to have a firearm hidden in every room of the house, just in case of attack when least expecting it, etc...etc...
    Never realized that dream, but did come up with some imaginative hiding places, especially in the kitchen and laundry rooms.
    Recon1342, Aceoky and Haywood like this.
    "Only Saints and Warriors are allowed in my world now, and forever."
    OR53 1998

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    I am in Chicago And about to leave. I am without a fireArm for the first time in over 6 months. I feel naked without my EDC. Terrible feeling. Can't wait to be back home in GA where my 2A rights are protected!
    So you feel naked and afraid, but you're actually fully clothed and moderately concerned.

After 5 years of carrying all the time, if I'm not carrying I feel like I forgot my cell phone or something (I never realized how dependent I've become on the electronic idiot box until I went to work without it one day).
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I have only been carrying for a short amount of time.....but it has been nearly 24/7 since I received my CCL. And my sidearm is heavy so I know its there! I agree.....I have been mostly disarmed this passed week and it is amazing how undressed I have felt!

mkh
    I may be feeling like that in the next few weeks. I may have to travel to Salt Lake City for three weeks and I won't be taking my EDC with me. I've never been to Utah so I'll have plenty of things to keep me busy.

Still, it's a weird feeling.

You are the weapon. Suck it up man....

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    You are the weapon. Suck it up man....
    Maybe, but I am a much better weapon with my EDC!

Now I am stuck at the airport, my flight has been delayed nearly 5 hours. This place just won't let me leave.
    tdave and Aceoky like this.

Maybe, but I am a much better weapon with my EDC!

Now I am stuck at the airport, my flight has been delayed nearly 5 hours. This place just won't let me leave.
    I understand the feeling. I was just giving you some crap.....

As for the 5 hour hold over, do not know what to tell you....

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I understand the feeling. I was just giving you some crap.....

As for the 5 hour hold over, do not know what to tell you....
    I would expect no less

As for the delay, I think I am going to find a bar and a TV. If my typing starts to go downhill over the next couple of hours you guys will know why!
    Aceoky and tdave like this.

I would expect no less

As for the delay, I think I am going to find a bar and a TV. If my typing starts to go downhill over the next couple of hours you guys will know why!
    Thats what I would do...
    Aceoky likes this.

I know that feeling, every time I have to make a trip back into California. Thankfully, now that my father has moved to Washington, my mother moved years ago, only my brother and my fiance's family live there. Keeps me from having to go there buy one or two times a year.

I absolutely REFUSE to take trips to Chicago, despite several of her family members living in the area. No offense to the people of that area, but y'all are overrun with gangbangers and other thugs/lowlifes, and I refuse to go anywhere shady like that, and if I can't avoid it, I'm going in armed.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
    NRA Member

I've felt naked before as well. Little over a year matter of fact due to circumstances. Didn't like it one bit, and never want to be there again. Things happen and we are put in certain situations. Priorities are not always kind when you have to make a living. That's life. I do know that I'll never have any good reason to go to Chicago.
    vice87 likes this.
    Carry means carry. That means all of the time. If you don't, you're just kidding yourself and opening up options for someone to take you down.

Quick. Get a rubber band and some paper clips. Make yourself a slingshot. Oh and while you're in the bar don't forget the double shot of Crown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links