Springfield Recoil Springs

This is a discussion on Springfield Recoil Springs within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been ordering extra recoil springs for all of my pistols and came across a problem. It seems Springfield has been having a labeling problem ...

Thread: Springfield Recoil Springs

I've been ordering extra recoil springs for all of my pistols and came across a problem. It seems Springfield has been having a labeling problem with the XD subcompact recoil springs. I ordered several sets and they were wrong. After pictures and e-mails back and forth, it seems the springs they were sending were for the XDs but labeled for the XD subcompact. The part number is almost identical and the part is almost identical, but the XDs 3.8 spring is about a quarter inch longer, sticks out the front of the slide when installed, and won't allow the slide to lock back.

So, if you're ordering recoil spring assemblies for a XD subcompact, be sure to check them in your gun. Springfield is now aware of the problem, but it's hard on telling how many mislabeled ones got into circulation.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Distinguished Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Good to know, thanks.

"If someone gets into your house which would you rather have, a handgun or a phone? You can call the police if you want, and they’ll get there; and they’ll take a picture of your dead body."

Black Rifles Matter

Thanks for the heads up, BugDude. I was just getting ready to order a couple.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions...

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links