2 Firsts This Weekend

This is a discussion on 2 Firsts This Weekend within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have spent some time trying to decide on a new carry gun, and finally decided on a M&P Shield. Got it late Friday evening ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Whip12

Thread: 2 Firsts This Weekend

2 Firsts This Weekend

I have spent some time trying to decide on a new carry gun, and finally decided on a M&P Shield. Got it late Friday evening and had planned on going to the range Saturday and try it out. Out of the blue, the wife said she wanted to go! I had just put my S&W SA22 in the shop, so all I had were the my new Shield and the XD9. She almost wimped on me once we got there. The Shield slide was too stiff for her to rack, so she tried the XD, got a round in, hit 2" off center at the 3 yd target and man was she hooked! We shot about 200 rounds, and she did really well. Looks I got a new range buddy.
    The Shield was awesome also. It was everything I had hoped for and more. I had carried an LC9 for the past year, and while it was always reliable, it was never really fun to shoot. I carry at 7 o'clock, left handed, and the shield just disappears with a DeSantis soft tuck. The trigger is crisp, short, and the recoil seems to be much more manageable than any of the other compacts I have had the pleasure of shooting.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Nice post. Isn't it great when things go better than you planned.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

I guess we know who is getting the old XD9. Good thing you got the Shield.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Congrats on getting a new range buddy. My wife keeps telling me she wants to go, but so far she seems to have other plans when I intend to go shoot. Oh yeah, congrats on the Shield as well. I love my FS M&P40. I don't leave home without it. In fact, it's on me now.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Links