EAA Revolvers?

EAA Revolvers?

This is a discussion on EAA Revolvers? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A buddy of mine ordered an EAA .357 4in revolver online, and is suffering from buyers remorse now and offering it to me for $300. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By Hatrix

Thread: EAA Revolvers?

EAA Revolvers?

A buddy of mine ordered an EAA .357 4in revolver online, and is suffering from buyers remorse now and offering it to me for $300. I never even knew EAA was in the revolver market and I've only seen their Tangfolio models before. Are they any good? I wouldn't mind having a cheapie range revolver to play with and hold me over until I get the 686 I really want. But I also don't want to spend 300 beans on a piece of junk that I could set aside for the Smith.

Anyone have one of these? Is it worth the investment or should I just wait til I can get the S&W?

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

It's a decent revolver - basically a K-frame clone.

$300 is way too much, though! The going rate NIB is about $270. I think I paid $259 for mine a couple of years ago.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Google 'EAA Windicator aka Pugsley' for a decent, and somewhat rare, online review.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

VIP Member
    If its nickel, not a penny more.
    If its blued, tell him $260, and no more.

Revolvers for Sale ? Buy Revolvers Online at GunBroker.com

They work.
    Not the following their semis have.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

It's a good cheap gun, I have one it's
    under 300 on buds. Offer 250 see what happens

Save up for the Smith and you wont have to wonder if its any good.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Odessa FL, South Pasco County, Tampa Bay Area
    I own and carry one of their 2" models. I'm very comfortable and happy with it... One has the option of either .38spl or .357Rem... I carry .357 Hornady 125gr for SD loads. Somewhat snappier recoil, and somewhat 'louder' but very manageable due to the all steel construction, and 28oz empty weight. It fits my hand(s) real well, and it's a natural 'pointer'. Conceals real well too.

I carried a Bersa compact .45 for many years prior, and after that purchase, got a lot of the same "save up and buy a real gun" comments on another forum that I was active on at that time. The Bersa NEVER failed, went bang EVERY time the trigger was pulled, one of the quickest and easiest to field strip for cleaning, and most of all was a very affordable big bore auto at the time I bought it.

I'd give the EAA a try, and if you don't find it suits you, then pass it on...

Good luck,

FLc
    THE BILL OF RIGHTS: Void Where Prohibited By Law
    Politically Incorrect?...Maybe. Conformity Challenged?...Absolutely
    "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." (Capt. Woodrow F. Call, TX Ranger, Ret)

I mean I paid 260 for mine ... They are great truck gun though or hiking etc

Make sure it has the big rubber grips they are pretty nice .. I would take sandpaper etc to smoth out the face of the trigger ..

It always went bang for me .. I never really carried it but often had it handy in the car for a get to gun that I would not mind losing ..
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member
    EAA makes a decent revolver. If you want a snubbie, it will get the job done. It's used, it's an EAA, your buddy is asking too much. good luck
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

At $300, you're only ~$150 away from a good used S&W or Ruger wheel gun. Why mess with the EAA?
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

686 have gone up a lot esp for the no locks .. I saw no lock mk4 models LEO trade in for sale last mounth for like 530 otd they were gone like that ... Keep a eye out for auction sites or palces that sell a lot of leo trade in etc .. You may get a great deal .. You will find the newer locking model go for and often pretty bellow MSRP price I would bet .. If you dont mind the lock do that ... But expect to pay more for a org old school no lock model with the firing pin on hammer etc etc

To me a EAA though is a range gun/car gun not really my cup of tea to carry though it is not a junk gun by any means ... You can find old Internarms Rossi and older Tarus for about 300 I would almost be more ok with them then this at least for carry as at least you can find holster etc for thous ..

And oh to make you want the 686 more .. Here is the LEO trade in mk 4 I manged to find for a pretty darn good price with org case

“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

$300 bucks is too much. If he paid more than that then he did not do his homework before buying. I would offer him $250 bucks and that is because he is a friend. Impact guns has them NIB for $269 right now.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Yup, too much. Gander mountain has the windicator on sale every now & then. I think it was about $230 last time. I think the normal price is $279. A friend bought one & is pleased with his. He has a pile of guns, somewhat of a gun guru (at least to me). He said that he is more than pleased with his, especially for the price point.

I passed on the EAA. I'm really wanting the 686+ 3in. Just going to wait it out and play with the new Rossi 92 until I come across one.
    RebelSoul likes this.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    I passed on the EAA. I'm really wanting the 686+ 3in. Just going to wait it out and play with the new Rossi 92 until I come across one.
    You made a wise decision.

Not even knocking on the EAA - but a Smith 686 is just about as good as a .357 gets. <-------- Bold statement.

Its a freakin Combat Magnum!

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Sponsored Links