Ever not buy a gun casue it was imported ?

This is a discussion on Ever not buy a gun casue it was imported ? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am having that issue right now .. For a long time been wanting a bretta storm rifle in 45 ....But until they make them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Ever not buy a gun casue it was imported ?

Ever not buy a gun casue it was imported ?

I am having that issue right now .. For a long time been wanting a bretta storm rifle in 45 ....But until they make them here I wont buy one ... Why you ask ?

Well due to it being a "sporting " gun you have to add USA parts to it to do anything to it .. Like I would want to get it as a silencer host but to thread the barrel would make it non sporting so I would need to add USA parts and I do not feel like having to hunt that stuff down even assuming someone makes some ...

Ak are about the only ones I dont mind as much as threading the barrels and getting 922R parts is pretty easy...

But they are a lot of guns I wont buy as I dont feel like the effort in making them how I like will be worth it or they will never be as good ..

Ok rant over .. Just keep seeing these storm rifles for great price and ticks me off that I could never mod them how I would like without a whole buch of paperwork
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    not so much, but a related question, as I did just buy a Tavor....

if I make my own parts, is that kosher? after-all , they will be made in the US....by me
    WannabeaCPA likes this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Not quite, I am content supporting Germany, our allies, with my Walther. But, I get what you're saying because there are certain gun accessories made in China that I will not buy.
    Walther PPS 9mm
    MDJ IWB holster // Cooks AIWB holster
    Nelson IWB spare mag (www.nelsonholsters.com) *DC Sponsor*
    Filson belt (www.filson.com)
    SOG Twitch2

Nope.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenden061 View Post
    Not quite, I am content supporting Germany, our allies, with my Walther. But, I get what you're saying because there are certain gun accessories made in China that I will not buy.
    no, he is talking about import laws. For whatever, reason, our overlords decided that imported guns can only be modified with domestic parts. (roughly, there are exceptions and caveat's like anything our lawmakers dream up, nothing is easy) but for the most part if you own an imported firearm (maybe only long guns? maybe even only rifles/carbines?) you can't put imported parts on it.

smart, I know, but that's what he is asking about....

Wrongrecroom, whats the law # always quoted about this? I never remember...
    WannabeaCPA likes this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

VIP Member
    I only have a few foreign guns but they were bought because they are classics.

Erma22_R.jpg Broomhandle_R.JPG BHP_R.JPG IMG_0703.JPG IMG_0682.JPG IMG_0436.jpg
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Nope. Besides, I have an affinity for Austrian guns.
    5lima30ret and ETXhiker like this.

Do not see what your complaint is all about. I doubt that the foreign companies think about your needs when they make business decisions. I want a US made Mercedes but it is not going to happen soon. :)
    WannabeaCPA likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Beretta is opening a plant in Nashville, soon. Maybe that will help you out.

And the answer to your question is "YES". Id like a good AK 47. But I dont want one imported here. I want one the way they are in the commie bloc countries. Minus selector switch.

I don't care where a firearms is made. If I like it I buy it.
    I've only bought one firearm where I knew going in that I wanted to modify it, my Saiga .410. That was pretty easy to make 922r compliant, but not as easy as if it had been the 12ga.
    remington79 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    2 barrels and learn how to change them out, agreed there are a lot of weapons that you can't do that.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I don't think I've ever come up against a 922 problem. But I don't have a problem with where a gun is made! I imagine there are gun guys just like me in every country! DR

I should clear up ... I am talking about 922r sporting gun law .... Handguns are not effect by this ( they are but not the same way as rifles ) ... I mean legally I can not put a threaed barrel on a storm rifle unless I either SBR it or find someone who make or I gues make enough parts to make it leagel to use .. Way I wont buy a lot of post 1989 rifle ( the cut off year ) .. Also why a wasr 10 goes for 500 and a chin com ak is 3k now ...

Handguns only have to be sporting in the senese they are not "junk gun" why glock never imported there 380s and made them here .. Or why we have no modern PPK just the PPK/S guns etc etc .. I dont mind imported handgun most of mine are .. They are still pure gun

My issues is the whole 922r thing can mess up guns something bad esp AK etc
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Beretta is opening a plant in Nashville, soon. Maybe that will help you out.

And the answer to your question is "YES". Id like a good AK 47. But I dont want one imported here. I want one the way they are in the commie bloc countries. Minus selector switch.

I hope they start making them here .. But I dont think they will they are legal to imported as is why would they ..

And if you want a pure AK buy a Madi imported by styr pre 1989 .. This is for all purspose a AK47 minius full auto built on russian tools either by or trained by russian .. Great guns but not cheep at all...

Any pre 1989 AK from Hungrian is also going to be close to a pure AK ... No USA parts

That is all pre 89 means no USA parts in the gun .. just the gun the way it was made to be

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Nope, I buy if something fits my needs and don't worry about where its from. Even most made in a America items has something supplied from out of country in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links