Shot another gun loose; great customer service

This is a discussion on Shot another gun loose; great customer service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I sent my M65 off to S&W for service. It was beginning to suffer end shake and was out of time. It was shipped out ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Shot another gun loose; great customer service

I sent my M65 off to S&W for service. It was beginning to suffer end shake and was out of time.
    It was shipped out on the 9th, and was in today. They repaired the yoke, and replaced the strain screw.
    The timing is now perfect, and the lock up is great. Amazingly this gun still shot very good before it was sent off.
    But of course, I caused this. Now I can add a K frame to my list of revolvers that I've prematurely wore with my handloads. What can I say? I like'em hot!
    But what may suprise many, is the majority of these handloads were 38spl. I won't disclose the velocities, as some may not believe it anyway. But think 38-44:)

But what can I say about S&W customer service? Outstanding. Fast. Long suffering. Honorable.
    This is the type of customer service I respect, and keeps me coming back to their product.
    JD, ccw9mm, gatorbait51 and 13 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Have had a couple of screws back out on a CZ P-01. Reinstall with Loc-Tite cured that. Like 'em hot, as well.

Have never shaken loose a revolver, to the point of messing with the timing, myself. Glad to see someone's using them the way they're supposed to be used. Let 'er rip.

Nice to hear S&W treated you well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I sent my .41 back to them last year. Took about 7 months but VERY well worth the wait . GM10 is spot on, Smith's customer service is outstanding, innovative meh .
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    I sent my .41 back to them last year. Took about 7 months but VERY well worth the wait . GM10 is spot on, Smith's customer service is outstanding, innovative meh .
    Believe me GB, I am wearing out both S&W and Remington to return to their roots and bring back the products that made them. I send an email each week to both.
    I am on to Remington like stink on crap to bring back the Nylon 66.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    I have sent a stack of mail ,both electronic and snail , for the same thing. I love 4" N frames ,particularly .41 and .45 Colt. . Maybe if enough people begin to realize old Smith goodness
    and start to write...

I'd love to see Colt get off their duff and expand their Series 70 line and maybe a 9 mm Commander back in the line up . Of course, a new Super would be primo.

You revolver guys.....

Glad it worked out for you Gman....
    gatorbait51 and OD* like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

As long as I have been shooting
    I can honestly say the major weapon manufacturers have all treated me well no complaints on any of them.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Yeah! Do you know what Remington's lame excuse was about the Nylon 66?!!! That DuPont owned the rights to the material for the stock, and they weren't making anymore.
    I wrote back and said I find it hard to believe in this day and time you can't find another maker and a like composite. I informed them that we have enough AR's and 1911 makers, and that the only thing they had in the. 22 line up to compete with the 10-22 was the Nylon 66.
    I told Smith that I wanted to see a Mountsin revolver in 44 spl. And also to make the M29 again as a regular item, plus bring back the damn k frame revolvers with that polished DA trigger that they were known for.

Oooo, a new 66 would fantastic - as long as they did it right. Ruger brought back the Deerfield in 44 and screwed the pooch. Glad your revolver's back in good shape - biting my tongue though .
    gatorbait51 and bmcgilvray like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    You revolver guys.....

Glad it worked out for you Gman....
    So help me Harry, I really would trade every auto I own for good S&W revolvers....except for the Colt 1911's:)

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    So help me Harry, I really would trade every auto I own for good S&W revolvers....except for the Colt 1911's:)
    Brother there aint no help for ya.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I also like the S&W Mod 65. Made in the early 80's. The sad thing is, my better half likes too. Might say it's hers now. S&W Mod 65.jpg
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Yeah what he said!

Here is one I would like to have. But Damm, the price.
    It's in a gun shop here in Goodyear. Looking good.

Smith & Wesson 25-5 in 45 LC Double Action Revolver - Used
    Availability: In stock
    Price: $1,099.95

Smith & Wesson Model 25-5 in 45 LC Double Action Revolver. Features Bright Blue Finish, Checkered Wood S&W Grips, 6 Shot, Target Sights, 4" Barrel, Case Hardened Trigger & Hammer. Condition grades at 97%. Used in wood box. Inventory#: D3380.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Here is one I would like to have. But Damm, the price.
    It's in a gun shop here in Goodyear. Looking good.

Smith & Wesson 25-5 in 45 LC Double Action Revolver - Used
    Availability: In stock
    Price: $1,099.95

Smith & Wesson Model 25-5 in 45 LC Double Action Revolver. Features Bright Blue Finish, Checkered Wood S&W Grips, 6 Shot, Target Sights, 4" Barrel, Case Hardened Trigger & Hammer. Condition grades at 97%. Used in wood box. Inventory#: D3380.
    That would be worth taking out a loan for, lol.
    gatorbait51 and BigJon10125 like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links