Kel Tec PF9 .22 Conversion Kit

This is a discussion on Kel Tec PF9 .22 Conversion Kit within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had been kicking this conversion from 9mm to .22LR for my Kel Tec PF9, around in my head for quite some time now and ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Oldpsufan
  • 2 Post By Oldpsufan
  • 1 Post By VBVAGUY

Thread: Kel Tec PF9 .22 Conversion Kit

Kel Tec PF9 .22 Conversion Kit

I had been kicking this conversion from 9mm to .22LR for my Kel Tec PF9, around in my head for quite some time now and decided to send for the kit. The PF9 was the first CC gun that I bought and did so for the obvious reason of it's being light and small for easy concealment. Since firing it several hundred times, I found that no matter what I did to ease the recoil I still flinched causing me to miss often and not ever get used to the trigger break. I gave up on it and bought a S&W Shield 9mm, for my EDC and love it, but my PF9 sits around doing nothing now so I decided to convert it to .22 for the duel purpose of a semi plinker and being able to get used to its peculiarities cheaply and painlessly, while still being able to convert back to 9mm at will.
    When I receive the kit and get it to the range, I will do a follow up on this thread for anyone interested.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

2. Remove Ads

Obviously no one was interested but I'm going to tell ya anyway. I just got back from the range with my pf9 conversion, and I ran a small amount of rounds (about 50-75) through it with absolutely no problems. The reason for the small amount of rounds is I wanted to shoot my Shield too, and it was getting hot out. That conversion sure tamed the recoil of the pf9, and really made it a fun and accurate gun to plink with.
    I highly recommend it if you have a pf9 laying around that you don't like to shoot.
    WHEC724 and 5lima30ret like this.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

I had one of the first ones that were created a few years back when they first came out for my PF9 and it ran well. Never had a problem with it. Of course like most 22's, it runs best with good quality 22LR ammo like CCI MiniMags. I probably put over 1000 problem free rounds through mine when I had it. I ended up selling my PF9 to a police officer and if I remember correctly, the 22LR Conversion to a friend of his. God Bless
    Oldpsufan likes this.

Have you use this kit?

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    Obviously no one was interested but I'm going to tell ya anyway. I just got back from the range with my pf9 conversion, and I ran a small amount of rounds (about 50-75) through it with absolutely no problems. The reason for the small amount of rounds is I wanted to shoot my Shield too, and it was getting hot out. That conversion sure tamed the recoil of the pf9, and really made it a fun and accurate gun to plink with.
    I highly recommend it if you have a pf9 laying around that you don't like to shoot.
    I appreciate your review! I have thought about about the conversion kit for mine but was debating the cost effectiveness vs just buying a SR-22. Thanks, again!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Links