How in the world do these people come up with these ideas?

This is a discussion on How in the world do these people come up with these ideas? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How in the world do these people come up with these ideas? I just saw this article and was flabbergasted by the idiocy reflected in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: How in the world do these people come up with these ideas?

Distinguished Member

How in the world do these people come up with these ideas?

How in the world do these people come up with these ideas? I just saw this article and was flabbergasted by the idiocy reflected in his arguments.

Gun Control Isn't Enough

1. A complete ban on all firearms (and many other weapons.)
    Compare the US to China. The US has 4.8 murders per 100,000 people, and the vast majority of these murders are committed by firearms and knives. Meanwhile, China has a rate one fifth as high: 1.0 per 100,000 people. What is the difference? In China, there is a complete ban on civilian gun ownership. This ban extends to all types of guns, not only assault rifles and pistols, but also airguns and airsoft guns. China also bans the civilian use of pepper spray, tasers, many types of knives, and crossbows. China's per capita GDP is only 10,000 dollars per person, compared to our almost 50,000 per person. Imagine how much safer a rich country such as the US could be if nobody was allowed to have any dangerous weapons, such as guns of all types, tasers, bows, or knives. Of course, the gun nuts will resist, but the FBI and police and Army can easily deal with them. Also, hunters might be angered at first, but this anger will die down once they realize they can just go to the supermarket and buy meat (which will also save many more animals.) And the crazy, sick minds who shoot make believe targets for "sport" were going to kill somebody anyway, so its best we take the guns away from them. They can play video games if they are really that sick
    While the entire article is ludicrous, the part I bolded just enhances the fact that the guy is an idiot.

Oh and, of course, he has a poll which has three options but nowhere does it allow for NOT banning guns.
    PEF, Navydude, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Wow. I read the linked post and I'm wondering if it's in jest. It's so ludicrous that it's almost a satire of itself!

EDIT: It has to be a joke....
    gatorbait51, oneshot and Aceoky like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

This aint China...
    gatorbait51, Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.

Consider the source! Look where that story is reported. You wouldn't expect a story on the wonders of capitalism in Pravda at the height of the Cold War, would you?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Well my only comment to that is:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE, LEAVE. GO TO CHINA.

At least then you will be safe. Safe to keep your mouth shut because heaven forbid you speak your mind. They would probably shoot you on the spot. Oh yea, only one kid too. No more 19 and counting shows. Oh and I see he had to add in knives to get the 4.8 number. Wonder what it is without? I was afraid to go to the link and read the whole thing. Stupid just makes me mad.

VIP Member
    Hey, another loaded poll.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Well China's suicide rate is 22.2 out of every 100,000, and they manage that without the use of firearms. I'd hardly look at them for a role model.

25% of our total population are gun owners, while an annual murder rate of 4.8 is less than 0.0001% of our total population. Also we're fighting a war against our own citizens over drugs, sparking wars between some of them, thus artificially spiking those stats and having little to do with your average 25%'er gun owner.

rape is a terrible crime, don;t get me wrong. But the best way to deal with it is not to let women spray rapists eyes with pepper spray, its to get these poor victims access to any medications, family planning services, and counseling they need at no cost to them.
    Wow.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Interesting (weak) poll questions, there:

What do we do to stop rising crime in America?
    • Enact all three laws listed in this diary, or enact even more and even stricter laws
    • Ban all guns and other weapons, but keep the right to self defense
    • Ban all guns and end the right to self defense, but keep police funding at present levels

What do we do to actually reduce crime levels? Go after crime and criminals ... not tools used by everyone, and certainly not the most-effective tools that can equalize folks against the most-violent in this world.

Of course, if you're focused on the problem and don't look beyond it, it's hard to see the forest for the trees. Weapons are not the problem, of course. The rats-in-a-cage syndrome bubbling up to the surface, untreated/undetected mental cases, a life being lived that holds little intrinsic value for many people, gross lack of opportunities for some, dire circumstances for others. Seems clear that the driving factors need to be addressed, else the conditions will continue. No matter what level of weaponry the violent choose to arm themselves with.
    gatorbait51, Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I read this again, it's satire.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Navydude View Post
    Well my only comment to that is:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE, LEAVE. GO TO CHINA.

At least then you will be safe. Safe to keep your mouth shut because heaven forbid you speak your mind. They would probably shoot you on the spot. Oh yea, only one kid too. No more 19 and counting shows. Oh and I see he had to add in knives to get the 4.8 number. Wonder what it is without? I was afraid to go to the link and read the whole thing. Stupid just makes me mad.
    Makes me wonder if NavyDude is as old as me (61). For the past 30 years or so I've been saying if you don't like it here in the US of A MOVE TO CHINA!!!!! Or the USSR North Korea or basically any or all of the mid east countries that hate us (minus Israel). I think most if not ALL of the mid east countries hate America.

Usually I follow the link an OP puts in. Not today. I'm already feeling a bit put out. I don't need or want more irritatedness rolling through my head right now.
    gatorbait51, vice87 and TomC51 like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I don't know anything about the site or the context in which the article was written. Maybe it is satire, but I know there are lots of Americans who feel like the author does.

It is so pathetically weak and dumb that it is really hard to imagine. I had a room mate in college who thought along these lines, and it was eye opening. He was a weakling and a loser though.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    I don't know anything about the site or the context in which the article was written. Maybe it is satire, but I know there are lots of Americans who feel like the author does.

It is so pathetically weak and dumb that it is really hard to imagine. I had a room mate in college who thought along these lines, and it was eye opening. He was a weakling and a loser though.
    Must have had some interesting conversations, I bet.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    More surprising than the article is the number of people who take the time to read it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Even the Daily KOS readers called the guy on being a troll. I invoke Poe's Law on this one

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Well, you nailed it right off the bat. Idiots. The government is full of these self engrandizing blowhards who think they are smarter than everyone else who hasn't attended the same liberal American bashing, liberty hating school of Marxism that they have.
    gatorbait51 and Chorizo like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links