G 96 gun treatment

This is a discussion on G 96 gun treatment within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had always used hoppes but got some of this g 96 stuff last week. Seems ok and smells nice.....anyone have any experience with it? ...

Thread: G 96 gun treatment

G 96 gun treatment

I had always used hoppes but got some of this g 96 stuff last week. Seems ok and smells nice.....anyone have any experience with it? I dont want me hands to fall off or my gun to fall apart ina year

thanks in advance for any insight

2. Remove Ads

http://www.qcsupply.com/media/pdf/msds/140688_MSDS.pdf

Same as Hops and the like .. Basicly oil .. So dont breath it in too much or smoke near it etc or get it too hot etc ... Unless you need zee fire
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Also may kill fish
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Sounds like it is mainly oil and other stuff .. So if your parnoid just use it in a well vented place and wear chemical proof gloves ..

Most gun cleaners have MSDS sheets ..Some may make you not want to use them anymore .. About the only reason why I use what I use as it is relativity non toxic

Been using it for years and no, it's not the same as Hoppe's - works much, much better. I gave up on trying to get the residue off the front of the cylinder of my revolver w/o endless scrubbing - just decided to live with it. G96 took it off with virtually no scrubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Been using it for years and no, it's not the same as Hoppe's - works much, much better. I gave up on trying to get the residue off the front of the cylinder of my revolver w/o endless scrubbing - just decided to live with it. G96 took it off with virtually no scrubbing.
    I meant in terms of health and smell issue same as Hopps not in terms of what it does or does not do ..

Nedrgr21, try a lead removal cloth for your cyclinder faces an cone wipes it right off

VIP Member
    It's been around for years. It works as well as any other CLP I've used.

Proper ventilation, eye protection and gloves are still recommended.

I don't let my guns get especially cruddy but it works fine for "normal" cleaning.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Links