CZ 97 Threaded barrel

CZ 97 Threaded barrel

This is a discussion on CZ 97 Threaded barrel within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'd really like to get a CZ 97, but I don't want to get one unless I can use my Osprey 45 on it. Does ...

Thread: CZ 97 Threaded barrel

CZ 97 Threaded barrel

I'd really like to get a CZ 97, but I don't want to get one unless I can use my Osprey 45 on it. Does anyone know where I can get a threaded barrel or get the stock barrel extended and threaded? I talked to one barrel threader who said he would do it because there is not enough "meat" on a 45 barrel to thread.

VIP Member
    If they are available here would be the place to check. If they don't have them they should be able to turn you on to someone if they're made:

CZ Custom Shop

CZ Custom Shop (480) 969-1311
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    As CZs go that's a fairly rare model. There is 100X more 9mm stuff for them.

My guess is that you are simply going to have to find a custom shop that isn't afraid of .45 (!!!!!?).

I dug around a bit and these guys have done them, but they're probably $$$ since they're an on TV gun store. Wild West Guns - Home of the World Famous Alaska Guide Rifle
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

You may want to contact some of the big makers some do custom work .. Gemtec I know does .. Efk fire(sp) does make custom work.. Check with storm lake barrel etc .. You never know ... And yeah CZ..

All else fails some one could just weld a extenstion onto it to provided the extra room .. One of my guns is set up that way ..Bit of a pain but it works ...

And again thinking of the cost ... Just remember for like 900 -1.2 bucks you can get a FN with silencer sites and a pre thread barrel and 14 round mags .... Just saying some guns I have that I know I will never have a holster or threaed barrel for due to cost of getting said iteam ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Thanks for all of your help. I'm thinking I may have to rethink.

Links