Gun Range Okayed For Liquor License

This is a discussion on Gun Range Okayed For Liquor License within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Oklahoma City city council has approved a liquor license for a new gun range expected to open this spring. KOKH reports that councilors approved ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Gun Range Okayed For Liquor License

Administrator

The Oklahoma City city council has approved a liquor license for a new gun range expected to open this spring.

KOKH reports that councilors approved the liquor license for Wilshire Gun Range on Tuesday.

The 40,000-square-foot establishment includes 24 firearm lanes,10 archery lanes and a cafe where food and alcohol will be served.

Wilshire Gun co-owner Jeff Swanson says customers' driver's licenses will be flagged once they order a drink, preventing them from drinking alcohol before entering the shooting facilities.

Brent Fairchild with the Alcoholic Beverage Laws Enforcement Commission says he believes it will be the first gun range in Oklahoma to serve alcohol.

Fairchild says no matter how many safeguards are in place, people will find a way to get around them.

Read more: ​Oklahoma gun range okayed for liquor license | Local News - KHBS Home
    gatorbait51 likes this.

This has been interesting to follow here. I'm in central OKC and plan to check it out when it opens. Like most things this will just come down to execution. The range is suppose to be awesome. An indoor 100yd range with camera's on your target you can view on a screen. Sounds pretty nice.
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and Gun_guy like this.

VIP Member
    If they really can control the mix of consumption and shooting this might work.

Otherwise I would say it falls under the category

"I'll take "Bad Ideas" for $1,000 Alex."

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    I have no problem with it except for the "flagging the DL." They can leave my DL out of it. There are other ways to establish "Shoot first, drink later" procedures. As for mixing booze and guns concerns, it no different than leaving a gun range and stopping to have a burger and beer at the Chile's down the street.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    So, I guess someone can't drink in their car and then enter a range? Some people are stupid and I'm sure this happens. I wonder what their liability insurance is going to be?
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Not much different from gun clubs that have bars.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    True, but they don't get to screen their members. They only get to eject the idiots after the fact.
    gatorbait51 and nortelrye like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I have no problem with it except for the "flagging the DL." They can leave my DL out of it. There are other ways to establish "Shoot first, drink later" procedures. As for mixing booze and guns concerns, it no different than leaving a gun range and stopping to have a burger and beer at the Chile's down the street.
    I agree the DL is a bad idea. I say issue a wristband with a barcode upon entry. Get scanned when you enter the range or order a drink. Some go-cart tracks I've been to issue a "license" when you go that is good for a period of time, usually a year. Every time you start a session it gets scanned to track lap times and available sessions you have pre-paid for. Similar principal could work here.
    gatorbait51 and Oldpsufan like this.

It will interesting to see how this works long term.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    So, I guess someone can't drink in their car and then enter a range? Some people are stupid and I'm sure this happens. I wonder what their liability insurance is going to be?
    They can but what does that have to do with the range having their liquor license?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

IMO this is a bad idea, firearms and alcohol don't mix. The antis will just be waiting for a bad example to spread their cause.
    Last edited by rammerjammer; May 28th, 2014 at 12:52 PM.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    They can but what does that have to do with the range having their liquor license?
    It's one of those issues that can cause trouble for the range probably. If someone drinks before they show up or in their car and causes an issue in the range the first place everyone will blame is the range itself. It's like so many other things that happen. The people don't want the truth or common sense to prevail they just want to rant and blame what they don't like.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Boys just can't leave the booze out of anything. What kind of mind thinks bringing booze around shooting can be a good idea? Every rationalization/justification is pure BS. It's only to maximize profits with complete disregard to safety. If there is live shooting going on there should be no booze or dope allowed on the property. It's bad enough that half in the bag idiots come to the range without creating more of these idiots at the range. Yes, I know all of you here can "handle" your booze. That's the problem, too much handling of booze.

VIP Member
    I'n surprised this is in OK. They have weird Liquor laws there
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    It's one of those issues that can cause trouble for the range probably. If someone drinks before they show up or in their car and causes an issue in the range the first place everyone will blame is the range itself. It's like so many other things that happen. The people don't want the truth or common sense to prevail they just want to rant and blame what they don't like.
    Good point. If someone drinks on the way there then go straight to the range they are not flagged and if something bad happens people will jump to the conclusion that the range let someone slip through the cracks.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links