Question Regarding DAK Trigger

This is a discussion on Question Regarding DAK Trigger within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm thinking about buying a used Sig P229 with the DAK trigger system. The problem is, I haven't seen any around here that I can ...

Thread: Question Regarding DAK Trigger

RT [OP]

I'm thinking about buying a used Sig P229 with the DAK trigger system. The problem is, I haven't seen any around here that I can handle and get a feel for the trigger. I've handled the more standard DA/SA version though, and I really like how the 229 feels in the hand. What I have read is that the DAK trigger averages somewhere around a 6.5 lb pull, which seems totally manageable. Now, I have had some experience with the long, double action trigger of the Kahr PM9. What I'm wondering is, from those of you who have tried both the Kahr double action and Sig DAK, how do the two compare? If it's anything at all like the Kahr trigger, or perhaps even better, I'm pretty sure I won't have an issue with it. I know trigger-type preferences are largely subjective, but what are your opinions on the DAK?

VIP Member
    I don't have experience with the Kahr, but I have a lot of experience with traditional DA/SA Sigs and the DAK on my P239. The DAK, in short, is pretty darned good. It isn't terribly long, it isn't terribly heavy, and it is quite smooth with a very serviceable break. One interesting thing about it, also, is that it has a sort of "back door" short reset. There are two "reset" points as you release the trigger. The "early" one is relatively short, but if you only release to this point then the trigger pull becomes significantly heavier/stiffer. If you release all the way, to the second "reset" point, then you get the "normal" trigger pull. Which you choose will depend on your preferences and training, and they aren't DRASTICALLY different from one another, but it's an interesting design feature...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Links