Charter Arms .38 Update

This is a discussion on Charter Arms .38 Update within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Been doing some poking around online about the Undercover .38Spl I received earlier this week from the Son In Law's family. It seems to be ...

Thread: Charter Arms .38 Update

Charter Arms .38 Update

Been doing some poking around online about the Undercover .38Spl I received earlier this week from the Son In Law's family. It seems to be far older than I originally thought. From all the info I've read online it is a "First Generation" Charter Arms, made in Bridgeport CT somewhere between 1960-1970. Going to contact Charter Arms next week about the gun. I doubt the new incarnation of the company would have any info on the exact production date, but they might be able to set me up with a replacement ejector rod provided the "new" parts will work in the old guns.

Seems like this thing might just be worth putting a little time and effort into and fixing it up.
    I suffer from CDO

It's exactly like OCD but in Alphabetical order

The way it should be!

2. Remove Ads

The Bridgeport guns were pretty decent, but the guns subsequently made in Stratford were less than wonderful. Now they're in Oxford and quality seems to be close to what it should be.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Charter Arms revolvers are light, strong, and reliable. Oh and they are quite accurate out of the box as well.
    Worth some effort and some bucks.

Sent from phone.
    "Only Saints and Warriors are allowed in my world now, and forever."
    OR53 1998

Links