G-broker FINALLY cracking down.

This is a discussion on G-broker FINALLY cracking down. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gunbroker is FINALLY cracking down on non paying bidders. They USED to just get you a refund if a deadbeat bought your item but never ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: G-broker FINALLY cracking down.

Ex Member

G-broker FINALLY cracking down.

Gunbroker is FINALLY cracking down on non paying bidders. They USED to just get you a refund if a deadbeat bought your item but never finished the sale. Now they refund you but also BAN the deadbeat! Bravo guys.

2. Remove Ads

Seems like a no brainer. It's good to know.
    Old Sarge and gatorbait51 like this.

Yeah, that should have been a one strike you're out from the start.
    ccw9mm and gatorbait51 like this.

I never knew there was a problem,maybe because I never placed a bid if I didn't have the funds available to buy the gun.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I never knew there was a problem,maybe because I never placed a bid if I didn't have the funds available to buy the gun.
    That's because some people are grownups (you).
    And some never will be.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

I could tell there was a problem as soon as I saw a lot of sellers' ads taking a personal, almost rude approach. You'd have three lines describing the firearm and a half page diatribe in bold on not placing a bid if you don't intend to pay. The more like that that cropped up the more I figured sellers were getting burned. Although what does that actually mean? They have to re-list? I don't think they lost any actual money.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Although what does that actually mean? They have to re-list? I don't think they lost any actual money.
    May have lost a potential buyer in the meantime.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

This is good news. I hope they also crack down on sellers who oopsy! happen to sell the gun in their store to someone else after you win their auction ( usually at a favorable price to the buyer) and then refuse to complete the gun broker transaction.

Some of the listings reserve the right to do just that but it seems to directly conflict with gun brokers rules on sales. Seller can only cancel an auction if there are no bids. Just like making my bid subject to me changing my mind wouldn't work out too well

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    I could tell there was a problem as soon as I saw a lot of sellers' ads taking a personal, almost rude approach. You'd have three lines describing the firearm and a half page diatribe in bold on not placing a bid if you don't intend to pay. The more like that that cropped up the more I figured sellers were getting burned. Although what does that actually mean? They have to re-list? I don't think they lost any actual money.

Actually the seller gets billed listing and selling fees, $1000 gun probably $30-$40. It still takes 5 weeks to get get a credit from G-broker but the bright side is the clown/deadbeat gets bounced. In my case buyer won 7 auctions and he was a non payer in TWO of them.

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sticky22 View Post
    This is good news. I hope they also crack down on sellers who oopsy! happen to sell the gun in their store to someone else after you win their auction ( usually at a favorable price to the buyer) and then refuse to complete the gun broker transaction.
    I never understood why sellers were allowed to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Actually the seller gets billed listing and selling fees, $1000 gun probably $30-$40. It still takes 5 weeks to get get a credit from G-broker but the bright side is the clown/deadbeat gets bounced. In my case buyer won 7 auctions and he was a non payer in TWO of them.
    The sellers get charged as soon as the auction ends and it takes five weeks to recoup if the buyer was a deadbeat?
    That ain't right.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I sell vehicles and expensive items on Ebay with a $500 deposit, due in 24 hrs and refundable only if I misrepresent my item. I have made a few G's on deposits. About time GB caught up
    BigShrek likes this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I had a miserable experience on a pair of grips from gunbroker. I wrote a bad review, but the seller was a big client of GB. My review was deleted

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    I had a miserable experience on a pair of grips from gunbroker. I wrote a bad review, but the seller was a big client of GB. My review was deleted
    I've had two bad sales on GB where I was the buyer. One where the seller swapped out the original mag he showed in the pictures for an aftermarket mag and one where I felt the seller could have stated he was taking a hiatus and wouldn't be shipping for a while. That could have saved me an unnecessary trip to the bank and PO. I didn't even bother to write a review because I knew the sellers would get the last word in. It's like being on one of those forums where a mod with an attitude gets the last post in and then locks the thread for no reason. No sense in even trying. Looking back though I wish I could have alerted others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links