Not missing the bus again

This is a discussion on Not missing the bus again within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Last panic got me to thinking what next .. I have made a checklist for stuff I feel that could be banned or easy to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Not missing the bus again

Last panic got me to thinking what next .. I have made a checklist for stuff I feel that could be banned or easy to ban .. What about you you got a list in your head of what to have or get if bad political weather is coming .. And looking at CO stranger things have happen .. That and the painc pricing for so long on things that made me hold off for a while

For me if I owned any guns etc that is it would included at least :
    1. min 5 mags per gun or rifle if over 10 rounds at least two of them beyond normal cap like glock and Beretta stick mags
    2. A long gun and or handgun that would be baned under either the 1994 AWB or CA 1989/2000 AWB the most likely to me bans to be brought back to me ..esp on handguns as they are harder to met ban list it seems esp the weight and fetur part
    3. A AK or other non sporting handgun .. Ie mp5 clones etc a gun that would not met the 1968/1989 sporting test but right now are exempted ( this is a big one for me .. some guns like AK and mp5 clones these are some of the best )
    4. At least one parts kits or better- built AK etc .. Again a easy thing to ban
    5. Ditto imported ammo esp for scary calibers ( 223/x39 etc)
    6. Ditto imported cheep mags g3/ak over the 5 to at least 10 per even if I dont have the gun ..
    7. A under-folding or a side folding gun with a 16inc barrel again MI and CA law worries on re doing OAL crap

So what about you ? No need to get beyond specific just say hypoictal what would be the first to buy if crap was comeing ...?
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Agree completely. Id also suggest spare parts kits, of the simplest nature. Ie springs, lower & upper parts kits, etc. Spare parts are cheap, but impossible to find after a sandy hook event. AND I think that Uncle Sam might not mind banning them.

Reloading gear and dies are not a bad idea either, if you have any interest in making your own ammo, regardless of whats available in stores.

I moved most of my stuff to Nevada from California. Especially, the current CA off roster stuff.

A few more high cap mags for my handguns and ARs and I should be set.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Agree completely. Id also suggest spare parts kits, of the simplest nature. Ie springs, lower & upper parts kits, etc. Spare parts are cheap, but impossible to find after a sandy hook event. AND I think that Uncle Sam might not mind banning them.

Reloading gear and dies are not a bad idea either, if you have any interest in making your own ammo, regardless of whats available in stores.

Yep reloading gear is on my list .. Renting right now so dont have the space or time to get a full blow set up but might pick up some dies just in case

And yeah spare parts are a good idea too ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Yep reloading gear is on my list .. Renting right now so dont have the space or time to get a full blow set up but might pick up some dies just in case

And yeah spare parts are a good idea too ...
    Primers and powder are actually fairly cheap. Normally, anyway. And those two things have been darn hard to get post sandy hook.

Primers are not too bad to find now, but people still have a hard time finding powder, so I hear.

Im absolutely convinced that the govt will try to halt the spare gun parts market. Heck, they dont have to ban guns. Just make it where once they break, you are out of luck.

Distinguished Member
    As many alternate barrels that will fit my guns so I won't be relying on one or two calibers (mags to match goes without saying)
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your PX4 & your CZ and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”

NRA Member
    Full Time Firearm Student

Extra watches and batteries for the 'Smart' guns for when they're the only thing we're allowed to own.....

But on a more serious note, I have recently been considering buying an AR15 before they are banned completely. And I do need to get a set of .45 dies for my reloading setup to go with the 9mm I already have.

Sara Lou
    If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you lost...

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn...

It never gets easier, you just get stronger...

I'd like an AR15 and a bunch of mags for the AR and the AK that I currently own. Also, quite a few more standard and high capacity Glock mags.
    Tinman517 likes this.

Folks would do well to have a couple of Decent ARs, Colt is good with 40 Pmags & a couple Lula loaders & the 10k rounds (68 gr JHP) per designated caliber seems a good start.
    Scope on one & laser on the other w BUIS.
    Same with sidearms, a couple Identical 'Duty Types' in one's chosen caliber w 10K rounds of the good ammo. Many extra 15 rd mags.
    2 Shotguns, Moss or Rem Pumps, 12 ga & 10k of 00B with many sabot slugs. A set of spare parts kits for each of the 6 firearms.
    This would have been my minimal inventory and all acquired by 2010 or earlier.
    Most folks I know consider this quite minimal & now have 20-40k 22lr put away. Now is to keep these clean & lubed + new batteries e/ year + extras.

Anything else, like many SD 'carry' pieces + whatever ammo & mags is with them & their own ammo inventory. (they will become BUGs if Tyranny is being fought).
    All the Federal acronyms: DHS, ATF, DOJ, Treasury, IRS, BLM, NG, etc., etc., will be put upon us and we will be fighting while under martial law, until our military gets behind the good citizens, which will take too much time.
    Tinman517 likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I'd say a minimum of 10 mags for any main centerfire weapon, and a minimum of 4 for any rimfire or BUGs.

As far as ammunition, get as much as you can afford. Prices are coming back down to normal, and supplier inventory orders are getting fulfilled so now they have a bit of a surplus and I've seen a good bit of sales locally as of late.

Holsters and slings for anything you'd want to have with you.

At least one of the magazine fed, semi-auto rifles that you've been dreaming about for years and haven't had a chance to get yet. Be it an AR, AK, AUG, M1A, Mini 14, PTR91...and on and on...get it while you can! Those prices are getting back down to normal or even good sale prices now too. Gear to hold mags for them too.
    Tinman517 likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Folks would do well to have a couple of Decent ARs, Colt is good with 40 Pmags & a couple Lula loaders & the 10k rounds (68 gr JHP) per designated caliber seems a good start.
    Scope on one & laser on the other w BUIS.
    Same with sidearms, a couple Identical 'Duty Types' in one's chosen caliber w 10K rounds of the good ammo. Many extra 15 rd mags.
    2 Shotguns, Moss or Rem Pumps, 12 ga & 10k of 00B with many sabot slugs. A set of spare parts kits for each of the 6 firearms.
    This would have been my minimal inventory and all acquired by 2010 or earlier.
    Most folks I know consider this quite minimal & now have 20-40k 22lr put away. Now is to keep these clean & lubed + new batteries e/ year + extras.

Anything else, like many SD 'carry' pieces + whatever ammo & mags is with them & their own ammo inventory. (they will become BUGs if Tyranny is being fought).
    All the Federal acronyms: DHS, ATF, DOJ, Treasury, IRS, BLM, NG, etc., etc., will be put upon us and we will be fighting while under martial law, until our military gets behind the good citizens, which will take too much time.
    Not real sure why anyone needs 40,000 rounds of anything. If what you say is going to happen does happen, you really think you are going to fight off the US government? I'm not saying go down like a sheep but really? You think you are going to trade 10 or 20 thousand rounds with them?

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The OP is "pre-hoarding."
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

need about 100 rounds of .40 SD ammo and two more magazines. Unless I hit lotto then it would buy two full sized guns one .40 one .45 (Probably the FNX models) one AR probably Colt and a Shotgun.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Plenty powder, plenty primers, plenty lead and molds! Stock a pound of handgun powder per 1000 primers, get some casting gear, and it will keep you shooting for a long, long, time. Lead is relatively easy to get, either cheap or free, brass is reusable.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

I've felt for a long time, that a supply of Glocks new in the box in popular calibers (like the 19mm G19), are like gold. They hold their value well even during the good times. Just imagine how much they could be worth if there was some catastrophe. At the very least, you'll have plenty of parts and mags for yourself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links