Registration Transfer?

This is a discussion on Registration Transfer? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am in the 25-35 age group, and as of right now i only have 1 firearm registered to my name. My dad had purchase ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By David Armstrong
  • 1 Post By Echo_Four

Thread: Registration Transfer?

Registration Transfer?

I am in the 25-35 age group, and as of right now i only have 1 firearm registered to my name. My dad had purchase all the firearms (shot gun and rifle) prior due to me being a minor at the time. I was reading on another thread aobut someone transporting their arsenal during a move and someone else had said,
    As long as they are yours, and you're transporting them properly. 1 or 100 shouldn't matter, in theory.
    Would it be recommended to someone get the firearms, that are in my possession registered in my name? Or does it really matter? If so how would I go about it? I just don't want any hassle should the "Close Encounter of the LEO kind" happen.
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. -- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 06 June 1944

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You had to register your firearms in KS? I have firearms my dad bought for me over 40 years ago and I've moved all over the place with no questions whatsoever.

You question(?) is unclear. What are you trying to do?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    What agency is your one firearm registered with?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You had to register your firearms in KS? I have firearms my dad bought for me over 40 years ago and I've moved all over the place with no questions whatsoever.

You question(?) is unclear. What are you trying to do?
    I do not know. I am just assuming, (we all know what that does), that LEO would run the serial numbers. Maybe I have watched too many "reallity" tv cop shows.

What agency is your one firearm registered with?
    I'm not sure, it was just the form i had to fill out to purchase a handgun in KS.
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. -- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 06 June 1944

Ex Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    Few states require registration of your firearms, and as long as the firearm is being transported in a legal manner for the state you are in and is legal for you to own there shouldn't be an issue with LE, barring encounters in places like NYC, MA, and such.
    techieccw likes this.

I guess the key words that got me thinking were:

As long as they are yours
    Maybe I don't need to prove that?

Yep to all unless Ks requires req of guns more then likely the forms were just your normal 4473 fed gun stuff.. Really if the cops run the guns they are just seeing if they come back stolen etc..

So thus as long as you know they are clean so to speak and are being transported legally you should be fine..unless is ks is weirder with laws then I though

Do note that if these are not normal gun. But nfa gns like full auto or sawed offs etc then yeah whole other pickle but assuming normal guns no there is no issue
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

registration? that's not kosher

Right now all I have in my possession is a stock Remington 870 and my M&P 40 Shield.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Rather than dancing around, I'll just answer the question.

The state of Kansas does not require registration of firearms. Thus, your guns are not registered. When you bought the gun you filled out the paperwork to do the background check. While some believe that information is retained by the ATF, there is no database that will have all the information. Some people only buy from private sellers to ensure that there is no paper trail leading to them.

When you see a LEO check a serial number on TV there are usually checking to see if the gun has been reported stolen. So, as long as that isn't the case nothing would come back if they checked the numbers on yours.
    OldVet likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    There you go. He beat me to it. It's up to them to prove you don't own it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Thanks for all the great responses. This is truly a great community!

Links