What's a life worth?

What's a life worth?

This is a discussion on What's a life worth? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here in Indy we are on track for 150 murders THIS YEAR. Last night guy walks in a gas station and in front of 3 ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree403Likes

Thread: What's a life worth?

Ex Member

What's a life worth?

Here in Indy we are on track for 150 murders THIS YEAR. Last night guy walks in a gas station and in front of 3 people shoots the clerk in the head. He is still alive but you never fully recover from a head shot.

Also two guys are leaving a gas station and bump into each other at the door. They each take a few steps and both open fire. 20 rounds are fired and 3 people are wounded.

For those of you on here that are paid by the Brady Bunch or Bloomberg to spread the anti program, explain to me WHY I shouldn't be locked and loaded at all times?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Here in Indy we are on track for 150 murders THIS YEAR. Last night guy walks in a gas station and in front of 3 people shoots the clerk in the head. He is still alive but you never fully recover from a head shot.

Also two guys are leaving a gas station and bump into each other at the door. They each take a few steps and both open fire. 20 rounds are fired and 3 people are wounded.

For those of you on here that are paid by the Brady Bunch or Bloomberg to spread the anti program, explain to me WHY I shouldn't be locked and loaded at all times?
    You would think human life would be priceless. That being said, you should be locked and loaded all the time....JMO..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

From a discussion on the use of lethal force for HD:

Anti-gunner: ...But is a television set worth a human life???
    Response: Well, he shoulda decided that before he broke into my house!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Is there a reason to not be? just asking
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    I Love Guns!!!

Well, my wife's life and my life are absolutely priceless to me. An attacker who threatens those lives in any way? Not worth a brass penny.

But I'm not going to shoot someone who breaks into my house to steal my TV or Xbox unless he becomes a threat to us. I'd much rather buy a new tv than have to deal with the repercussions of a shooting, Castle Doctrine notwithstanding.

an area West of downtown Orlando called Pine Hills and known to most of us here as "Crime Hills", life does not seem to be worth much there. Very sad how this seems to be an almost daily event in that area of town, and another reason I am always armed to and from work in downtown Orlando. There are some bad people running around loose....everywhere.

1 dead, 5 injured after truck crashes into home | Orange County
    gatorbait51 and Blue Thunder like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm66 View Post
    Well, my wife's life and my life are absolutely priceless to me. An attacker who threatens those lives in any way? Not worth a brass penny.

But I'm not going to shoot someone who breaks into my house to steal my TV or Xbox unless he becomes a threat to us. I'd much rather buy a new tv than have to deal with the repercussions of a shooting, Castle Doctrine notwithstanding.
    Yep. If I shoot him the guy is probably going to drop the TV anyway, so I'll still have to replace it PLUS get the blood cleaned up, fill out all the LEO paperwork, take a day off work, etc. Just not worth it, IMO.
    Norm66, gatorbait51 and sdprof like this.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    Yep. If I shoot him the guy is probably going to drop the TV anyway, so I'll still have to replace it PLUS get the blood cleaned up, fill out all the LEO paperwork, take a day off work, etc. Just not worth it, IMO.

Only problem there is after the TV he may decide to finish the night with a romp on your wife or kids. Sorry but I am really not a fan of "Well he is just KIND of mild felon."

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar

Exactly the way I think about self defense. It's not tv defense or car defense or Xbox defense, it is SELF defense. Those material things can be replaced. That's why you have home and car insurance.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

What's a life worth?
    Depends whose life and it depends who's paying, if I understand correctly.
    Consider matching your Thanksgiving dinner spending to DwB donations. It's a rare for investment and charity to converge.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

VIP Member
    It depends, the lives of my family and other innocents are priceless. The lives of say, the terrorists illegally traded a few days ago aren't worth the change I will use to buy my next cup of coffee.

As for the person breaking in to steal the TV, they better make that attempt when I am not home because come through my door uninvited and I am not taking the time to ask what you are there for - my response will be swift and brutal. There is no room for error when it comes to the safety of my family.

If you are home, and someone then breaks into your home...the dirtbag has already threatened your life...game over. OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Only problem there is after the TV he may decide to finish the night with a romp on your wife or kids. Sorry but I am really not a fan of "Well he is just KIND of mild felon."
    Yep, shucks he might even decide to pay for your kid's braces, buy you a new car, and send the whole family on a trip to Disneyworld. Isn't it neat to be able to imagine all sorts of stuff, no matter how unlikely it is to occur? Personally, I've run into a lot of BGs and I really don't think any of them would come back that night after being discovered stealing the TV and being confronted by an armed homeowner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    Exactly the way I think about self defense. It's not tv defense or car defense or Xbox defense, it is SELF defense. Those material things can be replaced. That's why you have home and car insurance.
    Yep. Why make a situation worse than it already is??
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member

So why would you assume someone who has broken into your dwelling is there for your whatever and not for your life, wife or children?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links