Dropped my gun at the pool yesterday

This is a discussion on Dropped my gun at the pool yesterday within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I put my CW380 in her holster and stuffed her into the pool bag along with a few towels and some sun screen. Got down ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Dropped my gun at the pool yesterday

I put my CW380 in her holster and stuffed her into the pool bag along with a few towels and some sun screen. Got down to the pool in my neighborhood which was fairly crowded and picked a nice chair in the sun. After a little while I decided to hop into the pool and cool off. when I got out I unzipped my bag and pulled out a towel. I must not have been thinking clearly because along with the towel came my Kahr. Bouncing across the concrete Im not sure if anyone seen but I quickly shoved it back in my bag. Lesson learned was, put your gun in a separate pocket from the rest of your gear
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

Ouch!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

The inability to secure my gun at the pool around kids makes me just risk being unarmed there. So far I've lived to tell the tale.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    The inability to secure my gun at the pool around kids makes me just risk being unarmed there. So far I've lived to tell the tale.
    My bag stays right by me at all times. We have some real winners at the pool by my house.. A few times guys have tried to hit on my girlfriend sitting next to me just to try and piss me off. The sad thing is I live in a really nice area.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Chad0724 View Post
    My bag stays right by me at all times. We have some real winners at the pool by my house.. A few times guys have tried to hit on my girlfriend sitting next to me just to try and piss me off. The sad thing is I live in a really nice area.
    Except when you're in the pool, evidently.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member
    Why carry at a pool? Think of how many times the news has cited a violent incident at a pool? Not trying bust on you but sometimes, it's best to leave it at home IMHO.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Why carry at a pool? Think of how many times the news has cited a violent incident at a pool? Not trying bust on you but sometimes, it's best to leave it at home IMHO.
    I carry everywhere.................

I'm thinking many more bags get stollen from public pools than violent attacks occur. It's more likely a kid will steal your bag than you will need your gun. If that kid shoots or kills somebody with your gun are your ready to deal with the legal/moral repercussions?

Find a more friendly pool or leave the gun locked up in your car. To easy for a bag to go missing at a public pool.

Who watches over your bag while you are in the pool?
    USM1976 and nortelrye like this.

Distinguished Member
    There are a few places I won't carry. Swimming and surf fishing are examples.

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    There are a few places I won't carry. Swimming and surf fishing are examples.
    Nudists colonies...
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Glad I don't have to worry about this.
    My pool is in my backyard.

Have the girlfriend tell the buzzards that her BF(you) "packs" all she ever needs.
    farsidefan1 likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I prefer a stainless knife at the pool. I don't think I'd bring my gun, but you do what you think you need to do. However, if it is really that bad, you might think about just not going to the pool...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

My gun goes into its own compartment in my back pack at the pool. I use a small cable to lock it to the chair, and a small padlock on the zipper if I go in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Darenger View Post
    My gun goes into its own compartment in my back pack at the pool. I use a small cable to lock it to the chair, and a small padlock on the zipper if I go in the water.
    Great idea, I will try this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links