Range Time... It's About Time!!!

This is a discussion on Range Time... It's About Time!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I couldn't stand at first because of my ankle injury on January 19th, and before it healed enough to go to the range I became ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By deaconswife
  • 1 Post By Easy8
  • 1 Post By sammeow
  • 1 Post By LuvMyPX4
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By deaconswife
  • 1 Post By Norm66
  • 1 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By Tinman517
  • 2 Post By Firearm.Fan.Girl
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By welder516

Thread: Range Time... It's About Time!!!

I couldn't stand at first because of my ankle injury on January 19th, and before it healed enough to go to the range I became ill. The illness has made me very weak and I get tired easily now. I have been out of work for several weeks now and should have stopped working about three weeks before that. I have just started to work a few hours, and doing very light work at that.

I have been biting at the bit to go to the range. Well today I finally had the energy and opportunity to go. So, with hubby in tow I went with my S & W 642 Ladysmith. Hubby took his Astra 9mm, Glock 23 and Glock 27 and off we went.

I shot mine and all three of his. For it being the first time in almost 6 months I did very well. My best round was a grouping of the size of about a silver dollar, only a tad low and left. My other groupings were not quite that good. I was tired at the range, I had to climb a flight of stairs to get to the range and that took my breath away. Standing for any length of time wears me out too. So considering all, I am very content with my results.

YEAH!!! I Got to go to the range!!!!
    Deaconswife

Great job glad your feeling better rest up
    deaconswife likes this.

Anything that can make you smile has a healing effect.
    deaconswife likes this.

Distinguished Member Array LuvMyPX4's Avatar
    Great to hear. And that is some mighty fine shooting. So when you are healthy can we expect your groupings to be covered with a dime?

Hey, maybe we can convince the Government that safe shooting is therapeutic and aids healing. This would save Government money so they should actually endorse concealed carry and lawful practice. Anybody think they would buy it? Didn't think so.
    deaconswife likes this.
    Zechariah 10:5 They shall be like mighty men in battle, trampling the foe in the mud of the streets; they shall fight because the LORD is with them, and they shall put to shame those that seek evil.

NRA Lifetime Member
    Full Time Firearm Student

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    That first step is just the first step, you'll get better.
    deaconswife likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyPX4 View Post
    Great to hear. And that is some mighty fine shooting. So when you are healthy can we expect your groupings to be covered with a dime?

Hey, maybe we can convince the Government that safe shooting is therapeutic and aids healing. This would save Government money so they should actually endorse concealed carry and lawful practice. Anybody think they would buy it? Didn't think so.
    Hey LuvMYPX4...that's not a bad idea.... Start a petition and I'll sign....
    LuvMyPX4 likes this.
    Deaconswife

That's great! Keep getting better. :)
    deaconswife likes this.

VIP Member
    Wonderful! Terrific! Great news! Excellent progress!

And good shooting, too!

At my best I can't shoot any more rounds that you did today at your "part way healed" state!
    deaconswife likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Glad to read you had a good time. Get much better, soon.
    deaconswife likes this.

Senior Member Array Firearm.Fan.Girl's Avatar
    That's great, DW! I've been following your situation and am glad that you finally got to go to the range. You are a real inspiration. Especially shooting that 642 in your condition! All I do is whine about how mine hurts my hand. You go girl!
    Carpe Diem
    I am a "well regulated" lady!

Yep happy to hear your back with us !
    deaconswife likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by Firearm.Fan.Girl View Post
    That's great, DW! I've been following your situation and am glad that you finally got to go to the range. You are a real inspiration. Especially shooting that 642 in your condition! All I do is whine about how mine hurts my hand. You go girl!

Thanks Firearm.Fan.Girl...I am pretty stoked about finally having the opportunity to go and then doing as well as I did. I am still weak and tire easily so this really was a pretty big accomplishment for me. I'm not able to do most of the things I could a few short months ago, and am just now beginning to be able to cook a simple meal and do a small load of dishes.

The 642 certainly has a kick, but that's part of the fun. I strive on a good challenge and keeping her from bucking too much is one that I thoroughly enjoy. I had to learn to pull the double action trigger with a smooth steady action, but once that hurdle was crossed, I tightened up my groupings quite a bit. Getting her on center target is my next goal with her. I am shooting very slightly to the left and low. Practice makes perfect and looks like hubby and I will be going to the range more often now that I am beginning to feel some better.
    Deaconswife

VIP Member
    Glad you were able to get out and mingle with your guns . I know i need to get to the range as well .
    deaconswife likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you want to destroy something .

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links