Gun Rights Group Memberships

This is a discussion on Gun Rights Group Memberships within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am just curious on everyones thoughts about joining a Gun Rights Group, such as NRA, National Association for Gun Rights, ETC? If you are ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Gun Rights Group Memberships

I am just curious on everyones thoughts about joining a Gun Rights Group, such as NRA, National Association for Gun Rights, ETC? If you are a member, do you feel it is worth it? If not why?
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. -- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 06 June 1944

NRA sends me a lot of junk mail. but I think its for a good cause for sure.
    patri0t and MasterGadgets like this.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. Gen James Mattis USMC

VIP Member
    NRA is a good org. to join they protect our rights better then any orginization . IMO Do a membership you can afford . But i will warn you that every day you will get aleast 2 or 3 emails from them everyday for the rest of your life . lol
    patri0t likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Some suggestions for some worthy groups to consider:

• Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) -- the group behind many of the solid court cases in SCOTUS and elsewhere over the past 10yrs.
    • Gun Owners of America (GOA) -- no-nonsense lobbying and legal full-court press.
    • National Rifle Association (NRA) -- nonsense, in some respects, but knows the "beltway" two-step unlike any other.
    • JPFO (Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership) -- hard-core focus.
    • plus whatever local/regional/state type lobbying group floats your boat (ie, Virginia Citizens' Defense League, or Oregon Firearms Federation) -- can be more effective at the state level, depending.
    • Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network -- for legal assistance, help navigating post-situation realities)
    LuvMyPX4, Ghost1958 and patri0t like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

GOA to me made some silly staments that made me wonder on there non wavy

I am in the NRA just for the fact that despit some of the bad decsion they have made/supported they are one of the bigest dogs in the fight .. You never hear oh darn SAF veto that bill maybe they did maybe not

But yeah the NRA is a bit spammy ...

I do like the SAF too

The NRAIL is the pure legal arm of it

Also look at local groups my state has AZCDL very good local only groups that helped spear head a lot of great local laws
    Last edited by gasmitty; June 10th, 2014 at 12:31 AM. Reason: fixed "AZCDL"
    gasmitty and patri0t like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

NRA is the biggest and most known gun rights group. I also gave some money to GOA, SAF, and NAGR this year. The NRA is the only one that I will definitely maintain a membership with. The others were mostly because they had booths at various gun shows and I got a hat and membership for $20.
    patri0t and scottync like this.

The NRA is the 'Big Dog' Lobby towards protecting your Second Amendment Freedoms. Much Wisdom written above.
    I became a life member in 1971 and have made annual donations ever since. Especially to the NRA-ILA division. "IF" you wish to protect your 2nd Amendment Freedoms, then you should belong to one of its lobbies.

I also maintain memberships with the SAF & GOA and donate to the NAGR when I think it necessary. Since I follow them online, most of their mail never gets opened.
    Somehow, I manage to cough up about $500./year to split between all of them.
    I consider it an "investment" in my kids & grand-kids' future. I only wish I could do a lot more.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I belong to the NRA. I'm looking into the WV Citizens Defense League for a more local group.
    Navydude likes this.

As is evident from my signature, I support both NRA and SAF (and Defensive Carry). Additionally, in MD I contribute/belong to Maryland Shall Issue and Maryland Shooters. I believe in putting money where my mouth is. Money talks, BS walks.

There are likely other worthy groups that I just haven't connected with yet.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I don't have the money or the smarts to fight all the battles and I have a really tight budget so the NRA and GOA I think is $45 a year well spent but that's just me.
    techieccw likes this.

The NRA supported most of the restrictive federal legislation currently in force today.

Personally I am a member of a local 'gun rights' group that is currently over 7,700 members strong, and I will be attending a meeting tomorrow (tuesday) at a local restaurant.

Sara Lou
    19Kvet likes this.
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

Quote Originally Posted by Zralou View Post
    The NRA supported most of the restrictive federal legislation currently in force today.

Personally I am a member of a local 'gun rights' group that is currently over 7,700 members strong, and I will be attending a meeting tomorrow (tuesday) at a local restaurant.

Sara Lou
    How does one find a local gun rights group?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. -- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 06 June 1944

To make this short, Yes

VIP Member
    One person CAN help in the fight to keep our second amendment rights. However, thousands or millions (NRA) of people working together DO help - in ways one person cannot.

YES - pick a group or groups and join. And sign up for their email newsletters. That will help keep you informed of what you - that one person - can and should be doing to help all the rest of us in this battle.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

GOA Second Amendment Foundation.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links