New AR's

This is a discussion on New AR's within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 002.JPG camo AR 002.JPG It seemed like this day would never come, the day I got to share photos of my new rifles on here ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: New AR's

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array herpjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    518

    New AR's

    002.JPGcamo AR 002.JPG

    It seemed like this day would never come, the day I got to share photos of my new rifles on here with you guys.

    They're nothing fancy, mind you, and they're my first AR's and were bought strictly for range toys (also for SHTF, but we'll keep that between us )

    The camo one I had built for my son (15), standard 223/5.56. It has a Spikes Tactical "Zombie" lower bc he's bigtime into the biters.

    The FDE one is mine. It has a 16" Sota Arms 300 Blackout upper and a Spikes Tactical "Calico Jack" lower.

    Can't wait to get out there and shoot them
    Recon1342, rocky, Aceoky and 3 others like this.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Senior Member Array Recon1342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Southern Idaho
    Posts
    662
    Very nice. Make sure you don't mix up the ammo!
    Above all, enjoy shooting them!
    herpjunkie likes this.
    For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf,
    and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
    -Rudyard Kipling

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array WrongRecroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    AZ moutain lands
    Posts
    3,938
    Very nice I like the piare lowers .. THough the one I want to find is this DSC01007-1.jpg

    Just be warned they are addictive .... You start with one next thing you know your eying a 45 or 9mm one and maybe SBR the one you have .. This can of course lead to darker places just ask the 2 or 3 AKs I have
    herpjunkie, WidowsSon and DingBat like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

  5. #4
    Senior Member Array herpjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Very nice I like the piare lowers .. THough the one I want to find is this DSC01007-1.jpg

    Just be warned they are addictive .... You start with one next thing you know your eying a 45 or 9mm one and maybe SBR the one you have .. This can of course lead to darker places just ask the 2 or 3 AKs I have
    LOL, oh yes, I know, believe me, I know.

    But that's ok though. We'll spend some time with these, play with different accessories and whatnot, then it'll be time for something new to take to the range.

    I'm thinking "combat shotgun" next.....

  6. #5
    Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    1,627
    nice. what upper is on the zombie gun?

    forget the shotty. Get a TAVOR. (shown w/ my custom mini-14)
    folded.jpg

    I'm tellin' ya. or.... at my work right now I have 3 guys selling; another mini-14, an actual, old, Isreali CETME, and a PSA AR-10. I won't even charge a finders fee!

    nice guns. good job getting your boy into it!
    herpjunkie likes this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

  7. #6
    Senior Member Array herpjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    nice. what upper is on the zombie gun?

    forget the shotty. Get a TAVOR. (shown w/ my custom mini-14)
    folded.jpg

    I'm tellin' ya. or.... at my work right now I have 3 guys selling; another mini-14, an actual, old, Isreali CETME, and a PSA AR-10. I won't even charge a finders fee!

    nice guns. good job getting your boy into it!
    On the Zombie (camo) gun, just a "PTAC 16" 5.56mm 1:7 Carbine Length M4 Profile - w/ BCG & Charging Handle" from PSA on special for $289.99. Like I said, nothing fancy, basically just kinda budget builds to get us started.

    Oh, and the Tavor - Oh yeah, me likey alot
    DingBat likes this.

  8. #7
    VIP Member Array WrongRecroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    AZ moutain lands
    Posts
    3,938
    Quote Originally Posted by herpjunkie View Post
    On the Zombie (camo) gun, just a "PTAC 16" 5.56mm 1:7 Carbine Length M4 Profile - w/ BCG & Charging Handle" from PSA on special for $289.99. Like I said, nothing fancy, basically just kinda budget builds to get us started.

    Oh, and the Tavor - Oh yeah, me likey alot
    If you a real strang gun look at what I might be picking up soon a pre 1989 Dawoo ... Basicly a AK mixed with a AR with the 3 point gas system of a FAL rifle ... But it does take AR mags daewoo_k2_1.jpg


    But then nice thing about AR is you can do a lot with them.. You can convert that 223 to take 7.62x39 /9mm/45acp/22lr /5.45x54/300 blackout /50 beowulf and others ...

    They are fun guns to tinker with.. Me I like retor though too.. Maybe look at doing a retro build next ... If you never handled a old colt SP1 try it they do feel different then the mordern stuff.. SP1-02.JPG
    DingBat, Aceoky and herpjunkie like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Array Tinman517's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas/S.F. BA
    Posts
    656
    Very nice. Black Rifle Disease strikes again . . . Enjoy.
    herpjunkie likes this.

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    If you a real strang gun look at what I might be picking up soon a pre 1989 Dawoo ... Basicly a AK mixed with a AR with the 3 point gas system of a FAL rifle ... But it does take AR mags daewoo_k2_1.jpg....
    you come up with some stuff, that's for sure.
    That Daewoo reminds me of the FNC - another AR mag taking - early experiment. really the FNC had everything going for it and should have been popular, but wasn't.... AR mags, gas piston, made by FN...

    20120625004850.jpgimages.jpgMindyspics9-25-12221.jpgyMyA7gZ.jpg

    and you can get all the tactified stuff for em. and it's what deniro used in Heat....
    herpjunkie likes this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array WrongRecroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    AZ moutain lands
    Posts
    3,938
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    you come up with some stuff, that's for sure.
    That Daewoo reminds me of the FNC - another AR mag taking - early experiment. really the FNC had everything going for it and should have been popular, but wasn't.... AR mags, gas piston, made by FN...

    20120625004850.jpgimages.jpgMindyspics9-25-12221.jpgyMyA7gZ.jpg

    and you can get all the tactified stuff for em. and it's what deniro used in Heat....

    Actual one of the place I am looking at getting a pre 89 gun from has a FNC ... But they are rare guns ... Last I looked there are in more full auto pre 1986 sears for FNC then they are FNC in the USA ... But they are very nice guns .. I just rather not pay 2-3 grand they are going for now ...

    But if you want rare .... MAS.223RightSideC.jpg

    One of the rarest of the pre 89 guns .. Lest then 200 imported ... Last two I saw for sale went for 10-12k each ...

    Me I like the pre 89 sig rifles in terms of looks but not cost 2vj8pye.jpg


    I like pre 1989 gun... This is where your first AR may lead ... Looking at all the stuff you can stick them AR mags into ...

    Heck I have been eying a AR180 which is a another odd one .. Just for the joy of finding dual cut AR mags
    herpjunkie and DingBat like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

  12. #11
    Member Array WidowsSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Clair Shores, Michigan
    Posts
    51
    Very cool. I caught Black Rifle Fever and am about half way through my first build.
    herpjunkie and WrongRecroom like this.

  13. #12
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,300
    Congrats! Enjoy.
    herpjunkie and Aceoky like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

  14. #13
    Senior Member Array herpjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    518
    I've also got a 3rd build going right now, one for my old pops. I know he wants one, but I also know he'll never buy one for himself, so I'm doing it for him.

    His has a Gadsden Flag "Don't Tread on Me" lower (I know, the recent shooting and all, but I ordered the lower weeks ago, whatcha gonna do?) and the same PTAC 16" 5.56 upper my son's rifle has. His will be just plain black unless he decides to swap out some parts or duracoat or something. We all three go to the range together, so I wanted all our rifles different.
    Recon1342 likes this.

  15. #14
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,206
    Quote Originally Posted by herpjunkie View Post
    The camo one I had built for my son (15), standard 223/5.56. It has a Spikes Tactical "Zombie" lower bc he's bigtime into the biters.
    Fifteen . . . into biters. The day after a mass shooting, that would be a missed red flag.

    Does anyone other than Colt make complete ARs? Seems so many are like '55-'56-'57-'58 Caddys.
    herpjunkie and Recon1342 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  16. #15
    Member Array AR15VSCoyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    430
    Nice!!!!!

    herpjunkie likes this.
    R.M.G.O.-Member
    NRA-Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •