You learn somehting new every day .. Lessons on AR mags

This is a discussion on You learn somehting new every day .. Lessons on AR mags within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Heres one if you ever find a AR mags with mag cuts on both sides and wonder why that is .. Well I can answer ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By Tinman517

Thread: You learn somehting new every day .. Lessons on AR mags

You learn somehting new every day .. Lessons on AR mags

Heres one if you ever find a AR mags with mag cuts on both sides and wonder why that is .. Well I can answer that for you .. It is due to this gun Armalite_AR180_FoldingStock.jpg

The AR180 or ar18 ... It takes normal AR mags buuut they have to be cut on the oppiste side of the normal AR catch due to the mag well .. Plus they might have to be sanded to fit

For some thank god good reason a handful of companies are still making mags that are dual cut ... So if you ever find some mags or one marked Armailight or Sterling England you know what they are ... The good news is that most AR18 mags esp org factory ones will work in both a AR or ar180 ...

Weirder still are some of the ramlines made years ago that fit the AR18 and the mini 14

And if you do find any let me know I am looking for some Factory org mags are pretty rare
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    can current GI mags be modified? cutting the square hole would just be a small drill-and dremel job.
    Flaring the inside might be a trick, but probably do-able?
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    can current GI mags be modified? cutting the square hole would just be a small drill-and dremel job.
    Flaring the inside might be a trick, but probably do-able?
    Yeah they can be .. Most ar18 mags are that moddy AR15 mags .. Just dremiled etc .. Though some internal work may be needed for the bolt hold open and some fit better then others and some need to be sanded down to work.. C mags seem to fit nice as do Colts
    DingBat likes this.
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

these AR18's are blowback or recoil too, right? i knew a guy who had one, when i was like 17, i didn't get to shoot it but i remember him saying it wasn't a gas gun...?
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    these AR18's are blowback or recoil too, right? i knew a guy who had one, when i was like 17, i didn't get to shoot it but i remember him saying it wasn't a gas gun...?

Double piston gas gun ... Great history it was the rifle of the Irish trouble too ... The song my little Armlight came from it

Stoner started the gun off .. Basically it is a cheper version of the m16 without violating any colt copy rights

Neat gun ... Has a very different rail mount on top for a scope ...

They made a B model a few years back that took AR15 mags but the gun imop sucked .. It was a 94 ban legal gun and had a fixed stock and weled on muzzle brake ... Not worth my time

Best part is the org one was made in the UK and imported though CA wont ever see that again .... They also made them in Japan and other places
    DingBat likes this.

Tinman517 likes this.

Excellent link . . . Thank you!
    WrongRecroom likes this.

so did stoner ever make a blowback/recoil gun??

Links