Just got back from the range with a friend

This is a discussion on Just got back from the range with a friend within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been trying to get a friend of mine to go shooting with me at the range. He decided to shoot my PX4 instead ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Just got back from the range with a friend

Just got back from the range with a friend

I have been trying to get a friend of mine to go shooting with me at the range. He decided to shoot my PX4 instead of renting a range gun, after he looked over all they had to offer.

So, for 300 rounds, we shot up a lot of paper and filming from different angles.

He has not shot for many years, but his first grouping were wild, but by his second magazine he had it down to about a 10" circle.

I think I found someone that will be buying a PX4 for himself soon, and his CWP soon after.

Me, I got some videos to study. I was able to get most of my magazine groupings to be about a 6" circle at 21', but I have to study the videos to see if I can get that down to a 1" circle.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

2. Remove Ads

Any day which includes a session at the range is a good day.

I trust your friend had a good time.

Absolutely, with more practice, you will shrink that grouping.

Good job getting your friend to the range, and even better job getting him excited about shooting!
    NONAME762 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyPX4 View Post
    Me, I got some videos to study. I was able to get most of my magazine groupings to be about a 6" circle at 21', but I have to study the videos to see if I can get that down to a 1" circle.
    Ah, LuxMyPX4. Come to the dark side and you shall receive your 1" circle grouping. So simple my friend.

sorry I couldn't resist.

Good job getting your friend shooting. Always more fun with a buddy along.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Navydude View Post
    Ah, LuxMyPX4. Come to the dark side and you shall receive your 1" circle grouping. So simple my friend.

sorry I couldn't resist.
    If you could guarantee that my friend. But then, How do you see with that black hood?
    Besides, a 6" grouping with a Beretta is better than a 1" grouping with a Glock, Isn't it?
    Navydude likes this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    It didn't happen without pics. Come on, PX, you have been here long enough, you know the rules. No pics, No likes.
    LuvMyPX4 and Taurahe like this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member
    Any day at the range beats a day at the office!
    LuvMyPX4 and Navydude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    It didn't happen without pics. Come on, PX, you have been here long enough, you know the rules. No pics, No likes.
    You are right of course. After all, I had a camera and tripod with me in the lane. Unfortunately, all I took was a bunch of videos. if the site will allow a good size video, I will attach it and you all can help me figure out what I am doing wrong.
    But, I just noticed I have to publish the video on a site. If someone knows what the easiest way is, please let me know.

Distinguished Member
    youtube? would need your own account.

YouTube is he easiest you can even upload from your phone.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyPX4 View Post
    If you could guarantee that my friend. But then, How do you see with that black hood?
    Besides, a 6" grouping with a Beretta is better than a 1" grouping with a Glock, Isn't it?
    THAT'S IT. Now I know my problem. Always wondered why things were a little fuzzy. I'll grab my last target and take pics and post.

Quote Originally Posted by Navydude View Post
    THAT'S IT. Now I know my problem. Always wondered why things were a little fuzzy. I'll grab my last target and take pics and post.
    hahaha The friend I brought also brought his 10/22, and he showed me his grouping. at 15 yards. 30 rounds could have been covered with a quarter. I was shocked he had done it without it being a Glock, until he said he used his scope.

This is what it's all about. Bringing a friend to introduce or re-introduce them to shooting is great. Done it a time or two myself and the outcome is always good.

Even those who really don't like guns or shooting, when they go, they end up loving it. That's the key. Show them how non-dangerous the gun is in the right hands and all that fear associated with them can vaporize like fog.

Now the encouragement for your friend to get a concealed carry permit and their very own firearm is next. Good job.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Figured out how to get videos.
    I watched these on 1/8 speed, and all I could see is that I changed my grip a few times.
    I welcome any and all comments. Next time I will get pics of target.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links