A pair of Beretta 90's

A pair of Beretta 90's

This is a discussion on A pair of Beretta 90's within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I started to look at Beretta 90's a couple of years ago but just couldn't fall in love with them. That changed yesterday when I ...

Thread: A pair of Beretta 90's

A pair of Beretta 90's

I started to look at Beretta 90's a couple of years ago but just couldn't fall in love with them.

That changed yesterday when I stopped into my local dealer and spotted these two beauties. The first one that caught my eye was the 1976 or 77 edition of the 90 "flat slide". Dealer says it came from a local estate and was probably unfired (sure looks like it). He also promised me the original box and second magazine as soon as the estate representative brings them in.

The second one I spotted was right below it in the display case, a very early 90 SB Compact in an almost new condition.

So I hesitated for about 1/2 a second and dug out my blank "emergency" check I always carry to my local gun shops, (He made me a great "out the door" price) and the deal was done.

Got home from the range (shot the compact which was perfect / resisted shooting the alleged unfired 90 but that will probably change) and called Beretta for some information on the 90 flat slide model.

My contact at Beretta customer service (forgot his name), is probably the most knowledgeable employee at Beretta USA. He dated the gun (approximately '76 or '77), described what a "step slide" is, and checked the data in the little square "proof mark" looking mark on the right side (see below). I did make a mistake and told him it was AB and later realized it was AF (got to call him back and see if that makes any difference on the info he gave me).

He did say that all Beretta 15 round magazines still have the latching hole in the lower right side so that they can be used in my model (that's good to know).

Let me know what you think and please send or post any information you can share on these models.

Thanks ahead of time,

Trooper Joe

I think you stumbled upon some really cool stuff here. Enjoy these, and congratulations on your find. The Beretta pistols in general are very interesting; in many ways you don't see anything else quite like them. I must admit I'm a bit jealous on this one...

Correction (should be a pair of 92's not 90's)

Don't know where I came up with 90's when it should have been 92's.

Also the Compact is a 92 (in photo) not an 89. Oh well, guess I am getting older than I thought.

Found out that the flat slide 92 was made in 1980. Cleaned it up today and it looks like it truly has not been fired (looks like factory grease, etc.).

The compact shots great with no hiccups at all. Will probably change the status of my "unfired" 92 flat slide to fired since I plan on keeping it anyway.

Corrected photo's of my pair of 92's (not 90's)

Here are the corrected photo's (posted as 92's not 90's/my mistake).

Lots of good info from forum members.

Thanks a lot,

Trooper Joe

My next gun purchase will be a Beretta 92 FS; I got to shoot my COs M9 a few times. I like them and miss them.

Links