Magazines

Magazines

This is a discussion on Magazines within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Finally found a couple NYSAFE compliant magazines for my 9 mm S&W. Bought them online from gunclips.com. 24$/each. Pro mags, 10$ cheaper than what my ...

Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Fizban
  • 1 Post By vice87
  • 1 Post By Glock2201
  • 3 Post By zonker1986

Thread: Magazines

  1. #1
    Member Array calamityjane38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    253

    Magazines

    Finally found a couple NYSAFE compliant magazines for my 9 mm S&W. Bought them online from
    gunclips.com. 24$/each. Pro mags, 10$ cheaper than what my gun store could get them for.
    Doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you win.


  2. #2
    Senior Member Array Fizban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southern State USA
    Posts
    739
    I have not been very impressed with promag. I decided long ago that they are [range only] magazines
    OD* likes this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

  3. #3
    Member Array calamityjane38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    I have not been very impressed with promag. I decided long ago that they are [range only] magazines
    Time will tell, but even for range use I have to use compliant mags. I did "splurge" on a mec-gar, but cannot find any more of them anywhere now.
    Doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you win.

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array WrongRecroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    AZ moutain lands
    Posts
    4,550
    What 9mm is it ??

    Smith seems to make 10 round Ban mags for most guns .... Just saying .. I am very leary of pro mag ...

    Also a number of compaines can pin the mag to 10 round ... A number of guns that never had 10 round mags like the XDMS are made legal that way for CA etc ... Not sure who would do such a thing ... But I know they are compaines and people in PA and such for the NJ market to pin to 15 and people in NV and even in CA who pin to 10 rounds ... Might be a better idea if done right
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

  5. #5
    Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mountains of Western North Carolina
    Posts
    1,411
    Mec-Gars are very good quality mags (they are OEM for Berretta's and several other manufacturers)! CDNN has very good prices on them. Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

  6. #6
    VIP Member
    Array RickyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    2,245
    I find it an absolute travesty that this thread must exist.

    The fact there are such arbitrary and capricious laws in a 'free' society is simply unacceptable. Sorry that you must endure this insanity Calamityjane.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Array vice87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Mec-Gars are very good quality mags (they are OEM for Berretta's and several other manufacturers)! CDNN has very good prices on them. Good luck!
    Sig as well, I believe. that should say it all.

    wow. cdnn prices are about half of retail.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    It's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?

  8. #8
    Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,807
    Have you not been watching the news they are "clips" or "magazine clips" not magazines.
    vice87 likes this.

  9. #9
    Member Array cjohnson44546's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Have you not been watching the news they are "clips" or "magazine clips" not magazines.
    also bullet clips and bullet magazines

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array zonker1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,760
    bought a couple of mags from gunclips.com years ago. They charged my credit card, and a week later I received an email that the mags were out of stock.

    Should have known better with a name like "gunclips.com".

    Never again.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array NONAME762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    About 235M out of The Palouse WA
    Posts
    8,439
    CJ the next time you need magazines and you're short on time and or patience give numricharms.com a whirl. When I couldn't find the 7R mags I needed someone clued me to Numrich (in New Yawk)
    so I called them and I bought 4 so now I have 5 7R mags for my 380 1911. I had them in about a week and I've been singing praises to Numrich Arms ever since. They have a rep for having the gun part no one else has for a reasonable price.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

  12. #12
    VIP Member Array zonker1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,760
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    CJ the next time you need magazines and you're short on time and or patience give numricharms.com a whirl. When I couldn't find the 7R mags I needed someone clued me to Numrich (in New Yawk)
    so I called them and I bought 4 so now I have 5 7R mags for my 380 1911. I had them in about a week and I've been singing praises to Numrich Arms ever since. They have a rep for having the gun part no one else has for a reasonable price.
    yep, I bought some Star mags from them. If you can't find it at Numrich Arms, you are probably SOL.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

  13. #13
    Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    1,968
    Pro-Mag...

    Bought a few for my mini-14, good mags, except one little detail. the lips were curled in on themselves. bolt wouldn't even touch a round, let alone strip it off.

    so, using a good ruger mag as a model i reshaped the lips on the pro-mags. it only took about a month of doing it here and there and testing and tweaking to get all 3 mags to feed reliably.

    that's my only experience with pro-mag, at least I have enough mags for my mini I don't need any more, but I won't be buying any of their stuff.

    hope you have more luck than I did.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

  14. #14
    VIP Member Array WrongRecroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    AZ moutain lands
    Posts
    4,550
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    Pro-Mag...

    Bought a few for my mini-14, good mags, except one little detail. the lips were curled in on themselves. bolt wouldn't even touch a round, let alone strip it off.

    so, using a good ruger mag as a model i reshaped the lips on the pro-mags. it only took about a month of doing it here and there and testing and tweaking to get all 3 mags to feed reliably.

    that's my only experience with pro-mag, at least I have enough mags for my mini I don't need any more, but I won't be buying any of their stuff.

    hope you have more luck than I did.
    I had some LCP mags from them .. So badly made they would not even fit or lock in said LCP or a p3at ... Just junk now ..

    From what I can tell they are a handfull of mags and such that for whatever unknonw reason they have done right the rest though are crap...


    It would really help if OP could post what Gun he needs mags for I am sure the hive mind could find some real nice 10 rounders for it
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •