Podcast - Interview with Hamilton Bowen

This is a discussion on Podcast - Interview with Hamilton Bowen within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; HGR 048 - Hamilton Bowen of Bowen Classic ArmsHandgun Radio Really good, down-to-earth interview with Hamilton Bowen, one of the premier custom handgun 'smiths in ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By gasmitty
  • 2 Post By bmcgilvray
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: Podcast - Interview with Hamilton Bowen

HGR 048 - Hamilton Bowen of Bowen Classic ArmsHandgun Radio

Really good, down-to-earth interview with Hamilton Bowen, one of the premier custom handgun 'smiths in the US.

It's long - about an hour - so find a comfortable chair, kick off the shoes, pour your favorite adult beverage, and just listen and be entertained.

Bryan, if you pick up on this, I'm going to keep a sharper eye out for a .32-20 revolver now!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Looking in before leaving for the office. If I had time I'd kick back and watch with a morning cup of coffee. I'll make time later for sure.

Hamilton Bowen did some restoration work for me some years back on a revolver needing a new barrel. Installation of a factory original replacement barrel was done with great care and attention to details so that the revolver shoots very well indeed.

Yeah, and a ".32-20 gun" is one of my favorites, the cartridge is right up there near the top of the heap of special favorites.
    glockman10mm and gasmitty like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Mr. Bowen is the terrific combination of a traditional Southern Gentleman, an innovative, "outside the box" thinker, a remarkable craftsman & a man you'd be proud to count among your friends. I'm delighted that he's pulling on OUR end of the rope.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Thank you for sharing the link on here gasmitty! It was a real honor to have the opportunity to interview Hamilton for the show and I really enjoyed speaking with someone with his breadth of knowledge. He is a truly humble gentleman.

Thanks for listening!
    Ryan

Firearms Radio Network...hmm...F...R..N FRNs (the humor is NOT lost on me) This is a GREAT show!

Liberal Arts with an interest in History. Who'da thunk?

French Walnut. This is kinda like an NPR show for us and NOT 'Them.'
    This guy is real sharp.

That's too FUNNY... they're like BACON you can make ANYTHING with them

This Hamilton Bowen is quite knowledgable. I picked up sorted and removed stuff to it's proper place. My goal is to open up 4 to 6 square feet of rug.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links