Safes that aren't built around long guns.

This is a discussion on Safes that aren't built around long guns. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been interested in getting a true gun safe for a few months, and I'm having a hard time finding one that has decent interior ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By buckeye .45
  • 1 Post By StripesDude
  • 2 Post By 5lima30ret

Thread: Safes that aren't built around long guns.

Distinguished Member

I've been interested in getting a true gun safe for a few months, and I'm having a hard time finding one that has decent interior space that isn't almost all rifle storage. I only own a couple of long guns, one is a HD gun that stays at my bedside anyway. I'm trying to find something that has space for 6-8 long guns on one side and then shelves down the other. My wife and I both enjoy handguns more than rifles, though I do hunt, but I don't plan on owning 15-20 rifles. Maybe 5-6 eventually. I'd rather have shelf space for pistol cases, ammo, and other valuables.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I was at the Champion Safe outlet near me the other day, and their standard Medalist seems like a configuration you would like. The left lower half is for rifles, while the right lower half can either be for rifles, or it can use movable shelves. There are also two full width shelves, if I remember right.

Gun Safes | Home Safes | Fireproof Safes - Champion Medalist Gun Safe

VIP Member
    Check out the Browning Prosteel line of safes. There are several models configured for long guns on one side and removable shelves on the other side.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and the personal responsibility of his fellow man.

A lot of the bigger safes (24 gun+), have multiple interior layouts. Almost all with changeable layouts that I have seen have the option of rifles/shotguns on one side, and shelves on the other.
    Eagleks likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    My Cannon Scout has that (long guns on one side, shelves on the other). It also has hangers on the door.
    Eagleks likes this.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

You'll find all your answers in this...I've posted it several times:

Gun Safe Buyers' Guide
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Here's one with a good layout, and it can be rearranged:

Winchester® Gun Safe, 24 Gun Capacity - Tractor Supply Co.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Even though you say you don't want or need long gun storage that CAN change! I will give this advice get a bigger safe than what you think you will need! Try to avoid electronic locks. Made in USA is almost always better! Good luck!
    Last edited by 5lima30ret; June 20th, 2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling
    scgunlover1 and ctr like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Sponsored Links