schools and gun free zones

This is a discussion on schools and gun free zones within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This article seems to indicate that "Gun Free Zones" work. What liberal media won't tell you: School shooting deaths down, not up, across America | ...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 3 Post By Ghost1958
  • 6 Post By Badey
  • 4 Post By Brad426
  • 2 Post By ironhead7544
  • 2 Post By Aceoky
  • 1 Post By hdhnict

Thread: schools and gun free zones

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Didnt get that GFZs work out of that. I got that there are not the rash of school shootings the antis claim.

Nobody trying to harm anyone in a GFZ doesnt prove GFZs work. When someone DOES try to harm folks in a GFZ, its a proven fact that they absolutely dont work.

It takes a special kind of evil to kill a child much less several in a school. And there arent as many attempts to actually do that as the numbers are massaged to make it appear.
    But when that evil person DOES show up at school and starts shooting, the school being a GFZ only makes the school a killing field.
    Aceoky, ccw9mm and gatorbait51 like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I don't think that is what John Lott was implying by any means. Also, the article seemed to say that data for these types of incidents have only been available for a few years before schools have been GFZs. Lastly, the article notes that gun violence overall is down as well, not just in school zones.
    ccw9mm, Sister, Aceoky and 3 others like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

John Lott won't be trying prove GFZ work, trust me.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

The only one protected by a GFZ law in these situations was the shooter.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.

And then only long enough for them to do their evil murders then "off themselves" when those legally allowed to be armed show up
    ironhead7544 and gatorbait51 like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

I was just trying to anticipate the spin that the liberal media might put on this article.

When I read the article, it was bashing the numbers being used in favor of GFZ.
    Turns out those in favor were using all shootings near a school, as school shootings.
    When does a 10pm shooting, 2 blocks away count as a school shooting? In liberal-land.
    Aceoky likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links