Couple of sites where I found older out-of-production parts

This is a discussion on Couple of sites where I found older out-of-production parts within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Recently, I purchased a S&W Model 4566. All-in-all the handgun is in fantastic shape with very little wear...8.5/10 Thought I would relay some information for ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By USM1976
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 2 Post By Jaeger

Thread: Couple of sites where I found older out-of-production parts

Recently, I purchased a S&W Model 4566. All-in-all the handgun is in fantastic shape with very little wear...8.5/10

Thought I would relay some information for anyone searching for older guns parts. Some of you guys may be familiar with these places.

The person I purchased it from only had one magazine, so, the hunt was on...checked all the normal big names, and all were out of magazines. Talked with a LGS owner with whom I've dealt with for 30 years, and she (yep, she) led me to an out-of-state company. Found magazines (used) and purchased two magazines. Magazines were here in less than a week, which for USPS is good in my opinion. Here's the site if any one is interested.

Firearm Parts & Accessories | Military Surplus | Numrich Gun Parts It will lead you to Numrich Gun Parts Corporation in Kingston, NY

Further, the handgun had Hogue mono grips on it. I had the same grips on a S&W Model 411, and they were too large for that handgun as well, so, the search was on for OEM replacement grips. Again, all the regular places were sold out. During my long search, I found a company called Robertson's Trading Post in Henderson, Tennessee. They had both the straight back and arched back original OEM grips new. They shipped the grips USPS priority and had them within a week.

http://www.robertsontradingpost.com
    Last edited by USM1976; June 23rd, 2014 at 12:50 AM.
    msgt/ret and gatorbait51 like this.

You and me are right smart fellers Bubba. In 2005 or 2006 I got a right nice 380 that looks like a shrunk parkerized 1911 for what I thought was a decent price. Only prob was had just the one 7R mag. K-Rings didn't have any. None to be had locally. I even checked Dixie Gun Works. I think it was them what clued me to Numrich Arms in guess where?? New Yawk. That's right. Sent away for 4 now I got 5. According to Numrich they got it if no one else does. They got like a hundred years worth of parts.

HUA
    USM1976 likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Some would argue that DC is full of older, out-of-production "parts"...
    Pete63 and USM1976 like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Links