Solid, cheap .22 revolver

This is a discussion on Solid, cheap .22 revolver within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I currently work at a sporting goods store and lately have been able to get ahold of more and more .22 ammo. I don't currently ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Solid, cheap .22 revolver

I currently work at a sporting goods store and lately have been able to get ahold of more and more .22 ammo. I don't currently own a .22 but would like a decent 22 revolver. Single action. The 22 semi auto handguns are just too dang finicky for me. Revolvers don't care, and I like that.

VIP Member
    Ruger and S&W make nice ones and you get what you pay for. ( Used??? )
    bmcgilvray and CLASS3NH like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

If you weren't set on SA only, I'd suggest a used High Standard Sentinel. I found a 9 shot snubbie and really enjoy it.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Ruger single six fire 22 or 22 mag...taurus also makes a quick change gun

Just note a good number of double action 22lr have rather heavy trigger due to the round...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

For a SA revolver you're best bet is a Ruger Single Six.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Single Six !
    5lima30ret likes this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    If you weren't set on SA only, I'd suggest a used High Standard Sentinel. I found a 9 shot snubbie and really enjoy it.
    Those High Standard Sentinels have kinda a cheapo feel with the kind of metal the frame is fabricated from but they do "shoot a house afire." Plus the ergonomics are really outstanding with the factory provided molded plastic stocks. Really, the frames mostly just look tacky with wear and use and are fine for the .22 cartridge. I've shot a few over the years and my brother-in-law has one. They're really pretty nice and not too expensive if one can find a good 'un.

Revolvers for Sale ? Buy Revolvers Online at GunBroker.com
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

How about a Heritage revolver? We have them at the place I work and it seems like a well made handgun.
    matdicdad and calamityjane38 like this.

I have a Heritage and I like it. Made by Taurus I believe.
    calamityjane38 likes this.

I like .22 revos too. But good ones aren't cheap.

My Ruger .22/45 is very, very reliable with a wide variety of ammo (and scary accurate.) Some bulk stuff won't go bang at times, but I've had that happen with that stuff in most of my .22's.
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (1920–2006)

I always thought the H&R sportsman was a pretty cool 22. Don't know what they go for now a days

VIP Member
    I've seen the Heritage on sale at my LGS and they throw in a brick of 22LR. My problem is I can't keep enough 22LR in stock to justify another 22 caliber gun purchase.

I bought a used Iver Johnson Sealed Target 8 revolver a while back. The sights are really basic, but other than that the gun is just fun to shoot. And the fact that you have to remove the cylinder to load/unload helps to slow your shooting down, helping accuracy and conserving some ammo.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I enjoy shooting .22 revolvers, too. I FINALLY broke down last year, and bought a S&W airweight snubby in .22 Lr.

That gun is actually a lot more fun to shoot than I ever imagined. I thought it would be a cost effective way to practice with a snubby, and it is. But the bonus was the fun element.

No question that the Ruger Single 6, or 8 models are great guns, as well.

I have the Heritage Revolver, it's a very nice plinking SA. It has been reliable, accurate, and has a very nice price point. I really like mine.
    Doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links