Someone shot at me yesterday

Someone shot at me yesterday

This is a discussion on Someone shot at me yesterday within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; VIDEO HAS NSFW LANGUAGE Yesterday I was out at the range doing a review on a steel target. Right in the middle of filming we ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Someone shot at me yesterday

Exclamation Someone shot at me yesterday

VIDEO HAS NSFW LANGUAGE

Yesterday I was out at the range doing a review on a steel target. Right in the middle of filming we heard five gun shots and the terrible whizzing sound of ricochets coming our way. I dropped behind the gelatin and my camera man started sprinting to get behind the steel target. As he ran I heard him yell that he was hit in the head! We could immediately tell where the fire was coming from. I searched the area to see if we were being attacked, or if they were indeed ricochets. As soon as the fire subsided, I ran to grab my firearm and med pack. Luckily the bullet had cut through Mickey's hair and missed his head by about a centimeter. He was a bit shaken, but was left unharmed.

We both took cover behind the truck for a few minutes until we were certain that there would be no more gunfire. I grabbed my S&W M&P Shield and ran down the road to confront the shooter. I wasn't sure if he had done it on purpose, or if he had failed to follow rule number four.

I confronted the man and asked which direction he was firing. It turns out he set his target up alongside the road! I've met stupid people, but this guy takes the cake. This area has clearly designated places to shoot that run perpendicular to the roads. We shoot in a specific area that is protected from other shooters by big hills. The only feasible way we would take fire is if someone shot directly down the road. I informed him that five of his rounds had almost hit us. He seemed a little put off that I had interrupted his shooting, but I didn't want to push the topic any further. He then left in his truck.

This is the first negative experience I have had with any shooters out on federal land. They're almost always polite and they adhere to the safety rules.

Lessons I Learned From This Experience

Follow the firearm safety rules
    Always assume people are stupid
    Not being able to concealed carry on BLM is stupid
    Everyone needs a med pack on hand
    Always know the fastest way to the hospital

I would have called the cops ... That guy could have easily been up to no good

Course I would have told him ... Sure a lot of empty land out here and oh look I have a shovel ..

Me I start taking fire out in the Desert I might be grabbing my AK and returning fire ..

Scary stuff man .. Why when I shoot out in the sand I keep a eye out and a AK handy

Maybe buy your friend a vest and helmet for XMAS...

AND oh that vid IS NSFW if anyone has kids handy ... No offeince OP just dont want any kids first words to be four letters ..

Though IF I were taking fire you prob hear me cussing in about 3 dif Language
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I would have called the cops ... That guy could have easily been up to no good

Course I would have told him ... Sure a lot of empty land out here and oh look I have a shovel ..

Me I start taking fire out in the Desert I might be grabbing my AK and returning fire ..

Scary stuff man .. Why when I shoot out in the sand I keep a eye out and a AK handy

Maybe buy your friend a vest and helmet for XMAS...

AND oh that vid IS NSFW if anyone has kids handy ... No offeince OP just dont want any kids first words to be four letters ..

Though IF I were taking fire you prob hear me cussing in about 3 dif Language
    I was hesitant to call the police once I realized it wasn't intentional. The cities in CA are working hard to close down these public areas, and I didn't want any trouble.

VIP Member
    Glad everyone is ok, but you're taking fire and your camera man is going one way (presumably away from the shots) and you go the other way?

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    WOW! glad you are ok!!!!!!
    usmc9688 and BenGoodLuck like this.

Glad you and your cameraman are OK !
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Glad everyone is ok, but you're taking fire and your camera man is going one way (presumably away from the shots) and you go the other way?

The shots were coming from the camera's 8 o'clock. I took cover, if you can call ballistic gel cover, and then ran towards the truck which is where my med pack and firearms were. I thought I was going to have to treat a gnarly head wound, but we got lucky.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

So, now you need to start packing extra boxers in your range bag? Geesh!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    Boxers make a good improve bandage....... don't ask me how I know

Distinguished Member
    Wow, glad you guys are ok.

I would have been LIVID!!!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

That guy is lucky you kept a level head. That would be really hard not to react aggressively to.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Wow, glad you're okay. That would really bite. What a fool.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post

Ultra Heavy Duty Boxers. . . .doesn't EVERBODY carry Ultra HD Boxers?!?

Perhaps 4 or 5 weeks ago a fellow here at DC had ballistic Kevlar brain buckets $99.95 each. I shoulda' got one. He even had my size. . .the F250...it's called the NONAME SPECIAL!!
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Administrator
    If Mickey was two inches taller he could have had his last day on planet Earth.
    I am not sure that I could have matched your reserve in that same scenario.
    Glad that you both are OK.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Glad to hear you'r ok... I would have been a bit Peeeeeeed off.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links