Why doesn't Glock sell magazines directly to consumers?

Why doesn't Glock sell magazines directly to consumers?

This is a discussion on Why doesn't Glock sell magazines directly to consumers? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Like from the website? Just curious because every time I've gone to the website there's like an annoying pop-up. It can't be a good business ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Why doesn't Glock sell magazines directly to consumers?

Question Why doesn't Glock sell magazines directly to consumers?

Like from the website? Just curious because every time I've gone to the website there's like an annoying pop-up. It can't be a good business model or anything.

Probably so they don't have to research and keep current on every single nit picking local ordnance, statute, and law that limits the round count of magazines. If they sold where it wasn't legal they'd be wrapped up in some local yocal court instead of making more magazines.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

I agree with NC Bullseye. Most stores make you click some box that says you are not doing something you shouldn't be doing (e.g, buying more than a 3-round magazine in California - oh, that legislation hasn't passed yet ). There are probably too many of those small companies around with not enough volume to make it worth some backwards liberal city / county / state to go after. But, Glock would be a big target and would likely be subject to a lot of harassment from those same municipalities. Doesn't seem worth it when they can just sell to CDNN and other resellers / distributors and avoid the hassle.
    american23 and ShooterGranny like this.

Distinguished Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by american23 View Post
    Like from the website? Just curious because every time I've gone to the website there's like an annoying pop-up. It can't be a good business model or anything.
    It's a great business model. Glock is making money hand over fist, as they say. Right now Glock can sell every mag it makes to their distributors. Wrap up a couple of hundred of them at one time, ship them off, be done with it.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Because, you suck and we hate you.

Oh sorry couldn't resist.... That's H&K's slogan.......
    OD* and DingBat like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Probably so they don't have to research and keep current on every single nit picking local ordnance, statute, and law that limits the round count of magazines. If they sold where it wasn't legal they'd be wrapped up in some local yocal court instead of making more magazines.
    ^^^ What Bullseye said. It's not in their best interest to sell to the Public. Too many people (and we all know it happens) want to skirt around their own State laws, at have Bans on High Cap Magazines and such. They (Glock) don't want to deal with the BS.
    american23 likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    They have distributors and dealers to take care of sales.
    american23 and FlaRon like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Administrator
    OK... I'll ask... Why do you want to buy a mag direct from Glock?
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Seem to find things cheaper through different vendors. Surprisingly, the manufacturers site is rarely the cheapest.
    american23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    OK... I'll ask... Why do you want to buy a mag direct from Glock?
    Why wouldn't anyone? You never have to deal with them being out of stock or anything...not to mention it would also be incredibly convenient as you would never have to run to the store.

Try ammunitiondepot.com

I've bought several factory Glock mags from them. Around 24 bucks a throw. All Gen 4s. They do as well as anyone I've dealt with.

I never have bought a magazine (or anything else) direct from an OEM.

Why wouldn't anyone? You never have to deal with them being out of stock or anything...not to mention it would also be incredibly convenient as you would never have to run to the store.
    It would actually probably create more stock outs throughout the supply chain, since they would now need to keep inventories on hand specifically for direct sales, instead of just shipping everything further downstream to outlets who are already capable of distributing the magazines efficiently. Glock is sticking with their core competencies, manufacturing, and has no need to vertically integrate into a retail outlet.
    CLASS3NH and american23 like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    As an armorer and Glock Instructor let me assure you they do have things run out of stock. As for convenience...there is frequently a 6 week delay between the order and the delivery. I still prefer to use Glock whenever I can because they have great prices and really good people, but if I need a part in a hurry I'll often go with a retailer.
    CLASS3NH and american23 like this.

Let me ask this question.
    If indeed we were able to purchase magazines directly throught the manufacturer, what would stop them (Glock or others) from charging FULL RETAIL on your purchase? (this is a real possibility) Doesn't make any sense to it, unless it's to make a purchase of items that you can't legally have in your own State. Support your LGS at that point.
    As far as Out-of-Stock items, they sure do run out. They (the Manufacturers) have their Vendors who supply them with parts, as not everything is made In-house.
    Rock and Glock and DingBat like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Check out Amazon.com, I've found mags for several of my hand guns on there site. They usually have
    several different venders and a good selection and more often than not very good prices.

...........................Jack
    CLASS3NH likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links