Where to buy a spare slide

This is a discussion on Where to buy a spare slide within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am looking to buy a spare slide to have refinished due to the poor quality of the Bluing on my LC9. I know I ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Bad Bob
  • 1 Post By Bad Bob

Thread: Where to buy a spare slide

Where to buy a spare slide

I am looking to buy a spare slide to have refinished due to the poor quality of the Bluing on my LC9. I know I could send it in but I don't want to be without it and it's just going to be the same issue from what I've read. I've searched online but can't find anything and Ruger doesn't offer it on their parts list either.

Any ideas?
    Ruger LC9 - Hornaday Critical Defense

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Look at the parts breakdown in your owners manual (page 31). It states the slide must be factory fitted. Looks like your out of luck.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Use it as the tool it is and stop obsessing about the finish. Not too long ago all we had were blue guns, the bluing wore if you carried it.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Use it as the tool it is and stop obsessing about the finish. Not too long ago all we had were blue guns, the bluing wore if you carried it.
    It doesn't bother me. She was never intended to be a safe queen. I just wanted to refinish one to make it a little different. Guess I'll just have to screw with it after I make the Shield purchase...
    Ruger LC9 - Hornaday Critical Defense

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    MY thoughts exactly sir
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ARS1 View Post
    It doesn't bother me. She was never intended to be a safe queen. I just wanted to refinish one to make it a little different. Guess I'll just have to screw with it after I make the Shield purchase...
    You could paint it Pink with Duracoat?
    ARS1 likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

I have found as a general rule most any Ruger parts past basic like mags and such can not be order by gernal public esp slides and the like I know when I wanted to do the same to my LCP that was not happen

Does suck when they stop supporting the gun ask all the folks who own ac556 rifles

But yeah OP just cerocoat it or what have you if the wear bothers you

I think it tells a story so I like wear
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Links