Took the P229 to the range again

This is a discussion on Took the P229 to the range again within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The photo of the target hanging was my first magazine. I shot relatively slow, from a two-handed, strong-hand, grip. The groupings aren't that pretty, but ...

Thread: Took the P229 to the range again

Took the P229 to the range again

The photo of the target hanging was my first magazine. I shot relatively slow, from a two-handed, strong-hand, grip. The groupings aren't that pretty, but I did get 13 of 15 in the 10-point zone, and the other 2 in the 8-point zone at 7 yards.

The photo of the target on the ground represents an additional 85 shots at 7 yards. 19 shots were at the small silhouettes. I took most of the remaining shots after drawing from retention, from under a cover garment. I practiced quick double-taps, and then triple-taps, using a double-hand, and single-hand grip. I also practiced doubles and triples with a two-handed, weak-hand grip, and left hand only. I got 39 (59%) in the 10-point zone, another 8 in the 8-point zone (total of 71%), and 4 that must have passed right through an existing hole

Adding in the first magazine bring the numbers to: 10-point zone - 64%; 10-point & 8-point zones - 76.5%.

Does anyone know whether that's a good score under the target scoring system?
    Attached Images
    Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm
    "Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?"

2. Remove Ads

Have you tried a SIG with the DAK trigger? My 239 is such a sweet shooter
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Quote Originally Posted by itschuck View Post
    Have you tried a SIG with the DAK trigger? My 239 is such a sweet shooter
    My P229 has the DA/SA, SRT, set-up.
    Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm
    "Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?"

Links