Value of 1940 Mauser.

This is a discussion on Value of 1940 Mauser. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A neighbor has hit some hard times and wants to sell me this Luger. What would you pay him....

Thread: Value of 1940 Mauser.

Value of 1940 Mauser.

A neighbor has hit some hard times and wants to sell me this Luger. What would you pay him.
    Attached Images
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

2. Remove Ads

Reaaaly need more pic .. .There are some many dif kinds of lugers out there WW1 post war WW2 post war commerical ones and others .. Some worth a lot more then others ...

Pics esp of making and condtions and if numbers are matching is big
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Reaaaly need more pic .. .There are some many dif kinds of lugers out there WW1 post war WW2 post war commerical ones and others .. Some worth a lot more then others ...

Pics esp of making and condtions and if numbers are matching is big
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Is it matching? What year is it? It looks nice... Are those original grips, those look too nice.
    Too many variables to even ballpark a Luger.

5213. Then 13 in three spots. 1940. Original everything he says. His dad brought back from The War. Says Gesichert under thumb safety.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Does the sideplate. that square/flat looking plate on the left side, match, too?
    How about the magazine?

I see the value climbing...
    Geischert/Safe.

OP, are you attempting to sell this pistol through this thread, or determine a value for it?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    OP, are you attempting to sell this pistol through this thread, or determine a value for it?
    Determine a value. I have no idea. I just want to help the guy out but not get ripped off
    BA

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    5213. Then 13 in three spots. 1940. Original everything he says. His dad brought back from The War. Says Gesichert under thumb safety.
    "Gesichert" is Deutsch for "made safe".
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

If he has bring back papers for it .. Oh lord the price it could bring .....

Links