Dilema

This is a discussion on Dilema within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had been contemplating the Glock 30 for a July purchase. I have come across on the is barely used for $479(has magazines, box, paperwork ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoplyte
  • 2 Post By ghost tracker
  • 1 Post By PAcanis
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By NC Bullseye

Thread: Dilema

Dilema

I had been contemplating the Glock 30 for a July purchase. I have come across on the is barely used for $479(has magazines, box, paperwork etc.) This gunshop has a July 4th sale going and the have a Mossberg 9 round 590 shotgun for $349. I have nothing in 45 acp and had to sell my shotgun to cover some of my mother's medical bills. I have ammo for both(planned ahead for future purchases). I can only get one for now. What are your thoughts on the matter?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

What's your firearm's intended primary purpose? Home defense = shotgun. Carry = G30.
    gatorbait51 and gunpoor like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

hmmm, everyone should have a shotgun, but you'll get more use out of the pistol.
    I'd get the pistol.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I have a 30sf and very much like it.. Question do you have a carry gun? If not or no compacts maybe look at said glock if so get the shotgun...though 349 seems a bit high depwding on model...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Which to get will depend on your use for it and the need of one or the other.

While you can carry a shotgun around, it is not advised.

A handgun will see more use in many areas such as target shooting, concealed or open carry, home defense in small areas, rapid deployment.

Also, a lot can depend on your financial situation. When dollars count, go with the lower priced gun, especially if it is just going to sit in the safe (closet) or elsewhere.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

While both prices are fair neither is the "hock your jewelery" great. If you're tight right now it may be better to wait a bit and keep your coffers lined since there will very likely be another good deal on similar items in the near future.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    My question would be do you already have a carry gun? If so go with the shotgun for home defense. If not go for the Glock for carry.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The base 590 has a retail of $553, around here the best I've found is $406 + tax. Sounds very good to me if new and not bad if used, I'd grab it.Used Glocks will show up again.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Links