Ak-74

Ak-74

This is a discussion on Ak-74 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good Evening!!! Is there anyone here an owner of a Ak-74, and if so what are your views on the on it?|?...

Thread: Ak-74

Ak-74

Good Evening!!! Is there anyone here an owner of a Ak-74, and if so what are your views on the on it?|?
    Like that Bersa

Not much of an AK-47 expert (there are a number of them here, BTW), but I got a MAK-90 I am still learning about.

Try a "Search" - that'll provide a lot of threads.

And welcome!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    Other than the fact that the gun is 5.45x39mm, it's really no different than any 7.62x39mm stamped AK....durable, reliable, less accurate than most AR's.

Good quality commercial "AK-74's" include those made by Arsenal, Inc., AK-USA, Arsenal USA, and Krebs (and I'm sure others that I can't think of right now).

I have a cheapo WASR-2 I purchased from AIM: http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/R...AK_Rifles.html
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Administrator

There were serious shortages in the 5.45x39 ammo, but things seem to have gotten better. That may be an issue if this is your only Semi-auto rifle.

I've compared the SARI and SARII side by side, and the SARII is much easier to shoot and could easily engage targets at 400yds, which was way out of the range of most 30 cal AKs. It is possible hit targets at 400yds with a 7.62x39, but it is much harder.
    Last edited by Jamie Young; January 12th, 2007 at 08:37 PM.

Sponsored Links