Ive Come Back To The Right Side

This is a discussion on Ive Come Back To The Right Side within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, I've done it. I've owned and carried a Glock for the first time. Liked it, and all in all it was a great gun. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Ive Come Back To The Right Side

Well, I've done it. I've owned and carried a Glock for the first time. Liked it, and all in all it was a great gun. Just couldn't get over the plastic frame. I just don't like plastic guns. So the Glock had to go. Now I'm all revolvers again. Yay me. I've owned, shot, and traded just about every mainstream handgun out, the Glock was the last on my bucket list. And it almost got me, but that plastic frame just isn't my thing. And sure 13+1 of .40s&w was comforting. But 5 rounds of +p .38 Special is nothing to sneeze at. And I feel very well armed with 5 shots I know for sure are going bang vs 13 maby's. And now I've finally realized. There isn't a semi auto on the market that I would be as happy carrying over my snub. Perhaps a 1911 commander size is in my near future for occational carry, but only when I can manage my snub as a BUG. Not downing autos. Just not for me, at least not for carry anyway. I may add one or two down the road to use as range toys, but for me that's the only use I have for a semi. For social work I'll keep my snub, or maby a nice 4" revolver in cooler weather when clothing will allow.
    Good gun control is hitting your target every time

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    I get the attraction of revolvers, but at least for me the the reloads are *so slow*. Maybe if I practiced them more, but still, it just doesn't hold a candle to slapping in 17 more rounds in a few seconds. Just not a concern for you?

Have both, carry either/or. I like my M&P's, the 9c or Shield go with me most of the time. That said, in shorts & t-shirt weather, my Model 36 is much easier to carry and conceal. If the day comes when I don't think five rounds of 38spl+p can get it done, I'll reconsider. But till then,,,,,,
    Last edited by Donn; July 6th, 2014 at 03:14 PM.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot in public. People passing by won't know which one of you is the idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    I get the attraction of revolvers, but at least for me the the reloads are *so slow*. Maybe if I practiced them more, but still, it just doesn't hold a candle to slapping in 17 more rounds in a few seconds. Just not a concern for you?
    No reloads are not a concern. I've gotten pretty good at using speed strips. And as I have a pair of snubies if I really need a fast reload then I'll just cary both and go with a new York reload. But really if I need more the 5 or in an extreme most 10 rounds I'm probably doing something or going somewhere that I shouldn't be anyways. The what if I'm attacked by a murading gang isn't a concern of mine. And even if it were. I don't think reloading is going to help me anyways. So for me 5 or 10 rounds that I know for sure are going bang is quite enough for me to feel quite secure.
    gatorbait51 and voodoo304 like this.

Ah, the backup gun. Wish I lived in a state that allows one.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I live in New Mexico too, only one gun allowed.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A Wolf does not concern himself with the opinion of sheep.

If you count the time to load the magazines for your semi-auto pistol, it is no faster than a revolver. I can drop 6 rounds into my revolver pretty quick with a speed loader. Also, for the range, you can purchase trays to hold a bucket of ammo in pattern for a speed loader to pick up, I believe they are called loading blocks. No reason you couldn't make one for you particular revolver out of wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutz View Post
    Concealed, anyway.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    If you don't like plastic auto's may I suggest a Sig. Maybe a 229 or 239?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    If you don't like plastic auto's may I suggest a Sig. Maybe a 229 or 239?
    Sig are too bulky for my taste. But I have looked pretty hard at the SIG 938. If I were to go with an auto, and it wasn't a compact 1911, then I think the SIG 938 would be up at the top of my list.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutz View Post
    What's up with that?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

OP, I get it. I've had and used the a Glock pistol since the first ones hit the US shores for sale. They are wonderful guns, but they just don't give me any excitement to own or use.

Five is fine for me. And once you get comfortable with yourself and what you want, you can separate yourself from the " minions", and actually have and use what you truly love.

Too much is made of the need to reload in civilian circles, and the market place , gun media, and others who want to cash in has taken advantage of the gull ability and fear of people to the point of creating a group of blibetts and clones incapable of thinking for themselves. Carry that revolver, be your own person.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Dr Yoda.jpg The Doc says the last of the evil side effects of the Dark Side should disappear soon.

Good choice, you have to be comfortable with what you are carrying, no mater what it is.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevolverGuy View Post
    Well, I've done it. I've owned and carried a Glock for the first time. Liked it, and all in all it was a great gun. Just couldn't get over the plastic frame. I just don't like plastic guns. So the Glock had to go. Now I'm all revolvers again. Yay me.
    Who would have ever suspected this from someone with the username TheRevolverGuy
    gatorbait51 and rammerjammer like this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Being proficient in the platform you carry is more important than what you carry.

At work we kid others about what they carry. In the end we also know who prepares for the challenge.
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links