We convert another one.

This is a discussion on We convert another one. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Lots of positive press today on concealed carry and shooting in the local paper. It does my heart good to see this vice the negative, ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By Chorizo
  • 2 Post By LuvMyPX4
  • 5 Post By ccw9mm
  • 2 Post By Chorizo
  • 1 Post By Kennydale
  • 1 Post By falcon1
  • 1 Post By Badey

Thread: We convert another one.

Distinguished Member

We convert another one.

Lots of positive press today on concealed carry and shooting in the local paper. It does my heart good to see this vice the negative, mis-informed opinion pieces masquerading as fact that are normally run for the masses.

I?m a better shot than I thought - Idaho Press-Tribune: 2c Etc

Enhanced license gaining steam in Idaho - Idaho Press-Tribune: Local
    gasmitty and gatorbait51 like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

2. Remove Ads

I guess I don't understand the thinking of the guy in the first article. You admit there is a need, and that you have a "knack" for it, and that you enjoy it, but don't want to carry even after passing the course. That make about as much sense as joining the army as a conscientious observer.
    I am glad for the positive press, but just got lost on the guys reasoning is all.
    Recon1342 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyPX4 View Post
    I guess I don't understand the thinking of the guy in the first article. You admit there is a need, and that you have a "knack" for it, and that you enjoy it, but don't want to carry even after passing the course.
    I'm pleased enough that somebody in the media appreciates the concept for others, that it can make sense and be justifiable, even if it turns out the person doesn't think it's for him. From a certain perspective, that's a huge leap forward beyond the anti-gunner mentality so typical in "reporting" these days.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; July 6th, 2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I'm please enough that somebody in the media appreciates the concept for others, that it can make sense and be justifiable, even if it turns out the person doesn't think it's for him. From a certain perspective, that's a huge leap forward beyond the anti-gunner mentality so typical in "reporting" these days.
    Concur. Some people are sheep and will always be sheep, but it is good that the sheep recognize the need to be protected and that others without the sheep mentality should be able to use that ability to protect themselves.
    gatorbait51 and GWarden like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

I am waiting on a government agency to start taxing/Licensing people for the AIR WE BREATH.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I am waiting on a government agency to start taxing/Licensing people for the AIR WE BREATH.
    I thought the EPA already was, in a way....
    Badey likes this.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Good to see someone in the press with an open mind as far as firearms are concerned.
    Chorizo likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Links