What ammo shortage?

What ammo shortage?

This is a discussion on What ammo shortage? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Tonight is date night for me and my wife, who has, incidentally, been by my side for 20 years (more than half my life), and ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Dandyone
  • 1 Post By LuvMyPX4
  • 1 Post By GuyFromHuntsvil
  • 1 Post By patri0t

Thread: What ammo shortage?

What ammo shortage?

Tonight is date night for me and my wife, who has, incidentally, been by my side for 20 years (more than half my life), and I arrived at work to find a delivery of 1,000 rounds of 22lr waiting for me at my desk.

The range was her idea, BTW

Anyone jelly?

LOL, life is good!

GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

What was the price??
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

She's a keeper.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

$210 delivered from Lucky Gunner. Expensive... But I write it off in my mind as being cheaper than the 9mm and 357 that I would have been shooting before all the craziness started.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post
    $210 delivered from Lucky Gunner. Expensive... But I write it off in my mind as being cheaper than the 9mm and 357 that I would have been shooting before all the craziness started.

Uh yeah what kind ??? I mean for 120 I could get two boxs of 500 rounds wolf ( lapua) ...I mean United Nations Ammo Company (UNAC)
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

hey, if my wife bought a double-brick of .22's for date night she can spend as much as she wants...!!
    (as it stands she makes me find it) - she goes on dates with her girlfriends, I'm like, you let sally the doofus shoot 2 boxes of 38's that we gotta replenish now huh? awesome....
    I salute you!
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

210$?!?!
    Wow how expensive is it to ship, i have some for sale at that price. Heck ill cut you a 50$ off coupon.

Guess im luckier than i thought ammo is becoming so much more common here that last night i saw some in two diff stores (bulk .22 even 1400 rd buckets for 70 bucks) and i didnt buy any. They had 1k packs, 500, 225 and cci minimag 100 and a some 50 round match.

This was walmart. And next door the gander mtn and dicks are consistently getting ammo including .22 , weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Uh yeah what kind ??? I mean for 120 I could get two boxs of 500 rounds wolf ( lapua) ...I mean United Nations Ammo Company (UNAC)
    Nice! How are these guys to deal with? Honestly the price isn't a bog deal to me, but if you don't worry about the pennies, you have to worry about the dollars!
    GGs
    BGs

Distinguished Member
    Sounds like a win - win
    20 years of marriage (major congrats) and a wife that joins you in shooting.

Way to go!
    patri0t likes this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your PX4 & your CZ and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”

NRA Lifetime Member
    Full Time Firearm Student

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post
    Tonight is date night for me and my wife, who has, incidentally, been by my side for 20 years (more than half my life), and I arrived at work to find a delivery of 1,000 rounds of 22lr waiting for me at my desk.

The range was her idea, BTW

Anyone jelly?

LOL, life is good!

Congrats!!

Life IS good! We celebrated 26 years in June. My whole family likes to shoot (wife, son, daughter, & I).
    patri0t likes this.

Distinguished Member Array patri0t's Avatar
    I am blessed as well. 12k of HV .22 and my wife carries, shoots & trains often.
    GuyFromHuntsvil likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Technically, I have somewhere near 18k of high velocity 22lr, but for regular velocity all I have is some truly expensive match ammo. Seeing as I just dialed in the old red dot for the slow stuff in advance of a weekly competition, I neither wanted to rezero the scope nor blow through the comp ammo, I figured the easiest thing would be to purchase some decent sub-sonic CCI LRN.

For the last six months or so, I have only shot from my personal ammo bank, but had heard the ammo shortage was still going strong, as in folks not able to find 22lr. But I went to lucky gunner and saw a small selection.

Now I see there are less expensive online sources... So maybe I should add an explanation mark to the title!

Glad to see others are blessed like I am with both love and boolits!

And now it's time to shut her down and go shooting!
    GGs
    BGs

Distinguished Member Array miller_man's Avatar
    That's awesome, definitely got yourself a good woman there.

One of the best range trips I ever had, a buddy and me both each had a $15 325rnd box of 22lr and a ruger 10/22. Sat there for over 2 hours and had a blast. I wonder if I'll shoot that cheap/care free again.

But. . . . What ammo shortage? You don't have a long memory, about the last 2 years has been AWFUL!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Use the ammo, but be darn sure to hang on to that woman!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links