Defensive Carry banner

G29 case bulge....

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  dimmak 
#1 ·
My new G29 functions flawlessly and with the now completed .25 cent trigger job, it is a pleasure to fire. However I have noticed a slight bulge in once fired factory ammo brass (Win Silver Tip 165gn).

I have never seen this with any of my other GLOCKs, although none of them are chambered in .40s&w. I am considering calling GLOCK to swap out bbl's, however I dont want to waste my time if this wont solve the problem. I may have to go with an A.M. bbl and would like suggestions on which brand to go with.

I do not wish to convert calibers, so 10mm bbl is my only interest for this pistol. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

#3 ·
Where is the bulge? Near the rim of the case? If so, this May Be due to the partial unsupported chamber of the Glocks. Maybe hop over to Glock talk or another Glock site , someone should have pics or more info.

#7 ·
Thanks Rocky,

I will just go ahead with an A.M. bbl for it.... I will occasionally peruse GT, but as I'm sure you can attest the atmosphere there can be distasteful at best sometimes:gah: , so I will tend to avoid anything other than the classifieds section....

Just another reason to call this forum "home"....

#5 ·
Roger that on the guppy belly (~.250" or 1/4" up from rim) Bud, thanks...
The bulge is very slight, almost invisible; however I'd like to reload the brass... Looks like a new bbl is in the works.... Anyone have a preferred brand suggestion?

#6 ·
You might go here http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/kb-notes.html and read a bit , i do note bar sto makes a barrel for them and they have a good rep . I dont currently own a glock tho so its only reputation i am going on .

#8 ·
RR,

As posted, I havent ever experinced this with any of my GLOCKS before after many 1000's of rounds, however I am aware of that site and it's contents.....
I will probably go with Barsto if for no other reason than accuracy reputation....

thanks for the input....

#13 ·
The KKM Precision Company makes Glock aftermarket barrels and has a good reputation. The G29 barrel sells for $185:

KKM Precision website

Here is a photo of a KKM barrel installed on a G29 owned by DHart:

"Sweet Mother of G........"

Now that is what I'm talking about.... Thanks!
Looks like kkm it is......

#10 ·
Dim In no way was i trying to say your glock will kb , Just that that page has the best description of the unsupported chamber issue ( which leads to the famed " guppy case " ) that i have seen . Like i said i dont own a single glock right now much less a .40 cal so my info is pretty much by reading and reputation only . If you look there was a thread on glock kb's a while back where i posted a lot of pics of other kbs , I am not a glock basher , tho they do not work for me for reasons you can also find on the board lol .

#12 ·
RR,
No Problem Bro, I didnt even take it that way..... Beleive me, GLOCKs arent my first choice either, however they are very durable and serve their niche (utilitarian) well.....
I got this one to use as a hog hunting backup and want it squared away before then..... Which unfortuantely means lots of ammo to buy if I can't reload.... I could use the Delta Elite, but I plan on getting wet, muddy and cold and as bad as I hate to admit it, shes a safe queen:embarassed: .....
I would imagine that most people wouldnt even notice the bulge, but it's obvious to me as I purposely was looking for such defects....
I'd like to get this bbl issue fixed soon and plan on checking out all the options presented.....
Maybe I'm just too picky, huh?
Once again thanks for the input, I value your opinion.....

#15 · (Edited)
... scratch that, I shot my mouth off and didn't know what I was saying. LOL I got confused as to whether or not you had a 10mm or a 40 s&w.

I have never had that problem with my G20. From what the others are saying, the new barrell might be the ticket for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.