My G21 went KaBoooom (Pics added)

This is a discussion on My G21 went KaBoooom (Pics added) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First off let me say that it was a reloader error. (MINE) The fact that the damage was what it was I guess is due ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My G21 went KaBoooom (Pics added)

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar

My G21 went KaBoooom (Pics added)

First off let me say that it was a reloader error. (MINE) The fact that the damage was what it was I guess is due to the design of the gun, but if that is good or bad, is subjective.

The slide looks to be fine, I will still have it checked out and professionally cleaned before I use it again. I wasnít using the factory barrel when it happened so that should be okay.

Have any of you had good or bad luck with any of the Glock armories. Glock in Smyrna, GA says to pack it up and send it to them, they will look at it and give me a call. I had contacted Glockmeister before about getting a new frame with a rail, but now that I have a nice custom leather holster, that wonít fit a railed gun, I might have to go with an aftermarket frame, like the steel ones I think are made here in Richmond, Va, anyone remember who that was?

Who has dealt with a Glock repair shop, which one, and what did you think, I need to get this done pretty quick, although the wife isnít happy about me spending money on something I broke, but I feel naked without it.

Edit to Add:
    Here is a pick, the small crack you can see on the trigger guard, near the grip, goes from the mag release hole(rectangle hole on grip) to the trigger hole. The rounded piece of metal hanging down like a trigger, is the trigger linkage, also visable throught the long hole just below the slide at top of grip. The three pcs between the mag and front dustcover are what's left of the trigger.

P.S. Thanks dr_cmg, that was the ticket.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 4my son; January 18th, 2007 at 08:29 AM.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Was this an over-hot load Mike or, a second shot following a squib?

Guy at one of my clubs had the latter happen with his .40 and it did mess the gun up pretty bad. I have posted a pic before but here was his barrel

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Chris,

It was a hot load,

The barrel looks fine, it blew the trigger into three pcs, the connecting rod now hangs down into the enlarged hole like a trigger. there is a 3/16 x 1-1/4 hole in the right side of the frame, with a crack between the magrelease (now hole) on the right side going to the trigger hole. I found most of the pcs, except the strip that goes into the long hole. The underside of the frame just looks like a light smoke on it, but no signs of damage, hopefully with a thorough inspection and cleaning, and a new frame, all will be okay.

The shell casing has the tell tale half round blow out hole along the lower end
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Wow! That's a heck of a description. Tell us about the holes in your hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Wow! That's a heck of a description. Tell us about the holes in your hand!
    Actually, just a scratch on my middle, and trigger finger, maybe an 1/8" long, and a dot on my cheek. My right hand did feel funny for a couople of minutes, I guess like maybe a small firecracker going off in it, that's it.

All things considerd, pretty lucky I guess.

I forgot to mention that it split the mag open, along the front seem, so that's toast.

Administrator

Tough Break

Tchit Happens though.
    Just be thankful yer hand/fingers/eyes are OK.
    Here is the link to the aftermarket Glock Frames Click Here.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    Be glad it wasn't a big gamer rifle that hard-kaboomed on you...could be lots worse. Click here ~ Graphic Image.

Ouch, That sucks, Anyone you/we know?

Thanks for the link, but they don't even offer the G21 frame,

I guess I'm back to Glock, or Glockmeister, Any one have any dealing with them or anyone else.

Okay, now my post count is 666, so this isn't anything specific, just got to change that.

Double charges can be very dangerous!! Glad you are okay. That is why when I reload I have nobody around to bother me, no TV, nothing, I want full attention on what I am doing , or not doing. Again glad you are okay. Makes you think twice about your other loads though?
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

lets see the pics

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Man, I am glad you are ok. Thats why I stay away from reloaded .40. The tolerances are just too tight for .40. I am very glad you are ok. Curious to see some pics of your gun though.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Administrator
    4my son....good move...you don't want a 666 post count in a kaboom thread.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Bummer. I'm not familiar with Glocks, what caliber is a G21? Get any pics?
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Lead Moderator
    Gotta be careful relaoding alright. I tend to load light , if anything with .40 . Glad you are o.k. Kb's are not fun, had a PT140 split almost in 2 alone the grip frame.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links