Criminal mind and guns

This is a discussion on Criminal mind and guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Many may not have read this article but I bring it to attention because it is IMO a very good synopsis/insight into the criminal mind ...

Thread: Criminal mind and guns

Assistant Administrator

Criminal mind and guns

Many may not have read this article but I bring it to attention because it is IMO a very good synopsis/insight into the criminal mind regarding guns.

I did post it way back but also just recently included it in a new web site of mine - GoBango. Much of that is a gallery of guns but also some RKBA material. Do take a peek if so inclined.

The actual article is here - and is I think an eye-opener for some who have not been privy to this sorta insight - limited perhaps for most part to CO and LE folks.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Discussing criminals and their aptitude with guns is a hit or mis proposition.

Ive heard them talking to each other about "AR-27's" and whatnot...knowing that theyre full of it.

And then again Ive had discussions with criminals who knew to use lead bullets if they wanted to not leave a ballistics trail when the bullet hit a wall in a drive-by, and hollow points when they wanted to incapacitate someone. They know to use revolvers over autos in a drive by as well...to not leave any casings, but to bring an auto to a gunfight for the capacity.

Ive even had a 15yr old describe in better detail than Ive ever seen on any tutorial how he breaks down and cleans his weapons, including AR's and AK's.

One thing they all agree on, shotguns are deadly, no matter who is holding them.

The one thing to remember is that you never know when youre going to come across the stumbling idiot, or the street shooting veteran.

All the more reason to train as much as possible, and never underestimate any threat.
    Last edited by hsuCowboy98; January 21st, 2007 at 07:41 AM. Reason: typo
    Fear No Evil.

I cannot begin to count the number of houses I've cleared looking for bg and saw the same paraphenalia that was in my home and that of friends. That included targets on display hung in windows. Actually had a few scoff at us f/carrying glocks.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Really interesting. Thanks for posting it.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Links