Dagnabbit!

Dagnabbit!

This is a discussion on Dagnabbit! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I thought I had found a good cartoon for Ricky. We had been watching Static Shock in the mornings, an interesting cartoon on the order ...

Thread: Dagnabbit!

Dagnabbit!

I thought I had found a good cartoon for Ricky. We had been watching Static Shock in the mornings, an interesting cartoon on the order of the old Spiderman, a tennage kid with weird powers, who is often misunderstood and worried about bad guys and bad grades. So it seemed....until this morning.
    The episode started off with another misunderstood teen, and when Static and his buddy/sidekick went to see him at his home, he invited them to see his Star Wars prop gun, then, with evil overtones and music, offered to show them a real gun, his fathers. Static started screaming, "I hate guns! my mom was killed by a gun!"
    Oops.
    Cut to Static talking to a school shrink, and she is parroting the HCI stats about "10 kids die each day from gunshots..." I turned the channel, and told the loving wife that Static Shock is OFF the kid's approved veiwing list....forever. Would be nice if the people who made this normally fun comic would realize what happens when you step into politics. But, this is on Cartoon Network, of course...oh well.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

I miss the old days of loony tunes about the safest to watch

I remember seeing an anti gun message or three in Saturday morning cartoons.

Even back then I thought that it was stupid for someone to blame an object for a behavior.

I remember when I was 8 years old I walked up to my Uncle Rick while he was in the middle of a grown up conversation with Uncle Terry and said:

"Uncle Rick, you need to tell Uncle Terry that bad guys kill people not guns."

A concept so simple even an 8 year old could understand it. I wonder, is there something deep in your brain that makes you understand what a tool can and cannot do, or was I just raised right?

Links