Jerk or not? - Page 2

Jerk or not?

This is a discussion on Jerk or not? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Maybe I'm wrong but it didn't sound like he meant to be a smart a$$. I think he just didn't phrase things as well as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jerk or not?

Maybe I'm wrong but it didn't sound like he meant to be a smart a$$. I think he just didn't phrase things as well as he should.

I think that what he was trying to say was that they couldn't "hold" a gun for you. You could send money in whenever you wanted and when they got the whole purchase price, they would send you a gun if they had it or give you the next one to come in.

The remark about the bank was simply that "holding" a gun for you meant that if another customer wanted one, they would have to order another gun. If they did that, they would have had to pay for two guns, one of which they couldn't collect on yet. They would, in fact, be financing the cost of the gun for you until you could come up with the money.

Keep in mind you are using the keyboard to communicate and he is a gun guy not a writer.

I would suggest contacting them by phone. I bet you would get a quick apology from them.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Administrator
    I thought it was funny, but I tend to say stuff like that myself.

I agree that these kind of remarks dont belong in customer service.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I contacted the boss:

"So to me the answer I got about the savings and bank was rather rude and condescending. You may not see it that way, but I'm sorry, I do."

He said:

"Agreed.
    Sorry for your trouble. We have never had any type of layaway. Maybe we need it, but for now we don't."

Again, that was apparantly a family member by the name and it sure sounded to me like they had a lay away in the first answer when I asked about it. I will still be going to one of their competitors. I also was not really expecting a lay away when I asked, just a down payment until it is manufactued but that's not the point. I don't think he's real worried about losing my business though since he did not mention it. Would it be wrong for me to post the company name now that I got an answer from the boss? If so I will not post it. I will do it in pm's if anyone asks.
    If I get cranky It's because the VA is changing my meds again.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I think that what he was trying to say was that they couldn't "hold" a gun for you. You could send money in whenever you wanted and when they got the whole purchase price, they would send you a gun if they had it or give you the next one to come in.
    Well that's exactly what I said, no time limit. If you can send in a payment whenever you want and they will send you the next one then that really puts no limit on how long until you pay it off. That's apparantly not how it works though according to them because you have to have the total when the gun comes in, they don't just let you pay it off as you can. That's in effect a lay away which they do not have. I've done a couple of lay aways before that worked the same way. They sold anything in stock and I got what was available when I got it paid off.

I think it's a gun girl, not that it matters.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

nope i see no problems with posting it so other will be forewarned

remember forewarned is forearmed

Ok, it's Brazos Custom Gunworks and the person's name was Ingi with the same last name as the owner. The gun in question is an STI Ranger II. I for sure didn't want to post the name until the owner spoke, I think that's fair. I also asked for a clarification on their purchase terms and I will post that if I get an answer. Some probably are familiar with this shop and have had good experience with them and I'm glad. To me they don't seem too interested in MY business though.
    Last edited by saltysquid; January 27th, 2007 at 10:15 PM.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

Administrator
    Heres what I would do...

Go on with the order as usual, and let them know that its water under the bridge and you will be sending a deposit.

Print out a copy of the rude reply. Then go photo copy 4 100 dollar bills. Then, make out a little note like this;

Mr. Brazo,

Here is my final correspondence regarding the Ranger we spoke about. I have done some thinking and have decided that, I'm not a bank either! I'm not going to loan out my hard earned cash to a company so they can build their product!
    Your company has already proven to be unprofessional and unorganized, why should I loan you 400 dollars so you can sell me your product? If you can come up with an answer, let me know. Until then, perhaps Ingi can float you the $400.?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Hehe, funny but I just won't patronize their store.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I think I would just sign up for a lot of spam using their company email address.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Jerk!

Shop elsewhere!

Simple...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links